how is the wind in Puerto Rico?

Forum for kitesurfers
Bryan
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Bryan » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:58 am

HEY GUYS!

The wind has been pretty non existent here in Brazil due to all the rain. Only blew 2 days of 10. Forecast says it should be getting better next few days.

How has it been in San Juan?

Adios!

Bryan

Taina Kite
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Taina Kite » Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:14 am

Sadly I have no idea and damn! I miss PR!!
Hope you are doing fine with the chicks over there since there's no wind...

Te veo pronto,

Taina

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Taina Kite on 2002-11-08 03:14 ]</font>

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster

Postby Fabjet1 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:56 pm

Hey Bryan,

So not too great in Brazil!
Are you only talking about the wind?

In PR the wind is also pretty light, somedays it will blow 15-18KTS but just for 2H, so you have to be quick.

I got an F-1 Mach1 18M and most of the time on the lighter days (8-12KTS)I'm the only one out with Pedro and his Wipi 16M.
The other have their kites on the beach all pumped, try it but wash downwind.......

A big kite rocks for that light wind season and I'm really happy with the F-1, it is pretty fast for a kite of this size and relaunch great.Good upwind capabilities and jumps great. Which is not the case with many other big inflo, once they are face down you see them drifting to the beach......

Ok I'll catch you when U get back, did you buy this mystery board?

Take a lots of pisc, Latter,

Fab.

chicagokitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby chicagokitesurfer » Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:12 pm

Fabjet,

Where do you kitesurf in PR? My friends and I are heading down there for a week from Feb 1-8th and wondering if we should bring a big kite. We were told to bring 12m kites for 85kg riders (185lbs). How much do you weigh?

V
http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com

Jurikan
Rare Poster

Postby Jurikan » Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:13 pm

Let's blame El Nino

Bryan
Medium Poster

Postby Bryan » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:26 am

Hello everyone,

First off, the wind has picked up extremely here in Rio. Today a 10 meter was crankin. Last week was rain but forecast says this week windy.

Fabrice- I bought the Mystery and I love it! It is a 150 by 15 and 1/2 inch. An Awesome all around board. You have to try it when I get back in PR.

Chicago Kitesurfer- In Feb you should be Ok with a 12 and a 16. Oct and Nov are our off months. Feb blows a lot better and more consistent but mid summer is still the best.

Taina- Suerte con todo alli. Ya mismo vas a estar corriendo kite de nuevo.

See ya soon!

Fabjet1
Frequent Poster

Postby Fabjet1 » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:30 pm

Hi There,

Chicago, I'm the same weight that you 185 lbs and I recomend you a 14M for 80 % of the time in PR.
With our weight when the other 170lbs are on 12M we are on 14M.
Feb is good for waves, they are getting pretty big as of now, but as far of wind it is the luck of the draw....at this season.
Best winds are during summer.
So in conclusion if you come and there its light you'll need an 18M (others 16M) and if it blows you'll need a 12M.
Of course it also depends on your board and skills, but generally speaking if you only take 1 kite take a 14m and not a 12M, beleive my 185lbs experience...

Bryan would you be able to bring me a 150 mystery back?

Have a good time in Brasil if it is blowing now...we'll take care of Gris...

Tchao,

Fabjet

Return to “Kitesurfing”