Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Clearly, the BEST $250. kite I ever bought...

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Clearly, the BEST $250. kite I ever bought...

Postby Wetstuff » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:19 pm

I took delivery of the 'Gray Ghost' a couple of days ago. It's an 18M BEST Nemisis..Nunmist...Neemisist - you know which one. My previous BEST kite an 11M Yarga for $500. was so-so. Nuthin' special...

This one is well done. It's not over detailed but appears to be an excellent, standard kite. I usually don't like the Gray kites. Naish's somehow look dirty - maybe too much black, but this one - even tho' a little heavy on the logo - will look like a low cumulus floater - with a big frickin' name on it!

Also, got to give them credit for not hosing me on freight. It only cost like $8. and it was here in three days. One of their dealers (what dealers?!), REAL, scam'd me for $25. shipping for 1/3 the distance.

I'm not the boss, but I would not have dumped these in public. It cements a $250. list price in people's brains....'pretty hard to tell them they need to cough double/triple that for the same effective thing.

I would have offered them to dealers with the proviso they not be sold on Ebay or online...letting them establish the price and net a much needed Winter profit. The people you should be the most loyal to are in the trenches working for you each day - not opportunistic cranks like me who don't even like you!?

I needed another kite like a broken back, but...SHE'EET, I'd sooner miss free nookie as an 19 year old than pass up a $250. E-I-G-H-T-E-E-N frickin' meter kite!

This last bit is hard for me to type: THANKS!

Jim

.....pics when the water warms.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:40 pm

guys, i think you'll find the amount of noise the deal generated was inversely proportional to the amount of kites actually available.

there was way more takers than kites thats for sure....

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart

Postby Wetstuff » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:13 pm

SQ: If I ran BEST - I would have then sent this apparent, small allotment to you - for YOUR disposal - as, not only a reward for your extensive efforts, but because it appears Europe could use more product exposure than the eastcoast of the US, based upon the comments in the main forum.

This deal was a classic: "Snooze - You loose!!" ....people just don't like to hear that tho'.

Jim

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:56 pm

i do alright.....

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart

Postby Wetstuff » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:07 pm

I don't give advice to people standing on ledges. So, I don't really expect anyone to swallow anything I suggest here, but I did get some feedback that one new fellow loaded up with a well balanced, 4-kite quiver for the price of one 12M branded kite on this deal. Smart fellow!

....and as I leave my struts inflated year'round and like to stack my kites in the truck like artillery shells, I made a color-matching bag yesterday. I hate those wimpy meshy extensions that come in factory bags and have the good fortune of having the materials to provide my own alternatives.

Jim

Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:06 am

Cool bag, how did you make it?

Anyone know where you can buy bags like that, like polesurfing sail bags.

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'
Been thanked: 0

Postby Wawando » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:56 am

My advise is: if there are Nemesis 10m or 8m available for $250 get them imediatly. They are amazing kites (the other sizes are good but i found them not outstanding like these two).

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart

Postby Wetstuff » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:05 pm

Guest: I made the bag myself. One time I was going to make them but with kites selling for $500 (..or $250!) there was no way I'd work for the coolie wages I'd have to accept.

Jim

Return to “Reviews”