IMPACT VEST *****

Forum for kitesurfers
SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:11 pm

READING THE MOST RECCENT ACCIDENT W/ THE PRO RIDER... THIS ROOKIE WONTS TO KNOW A GOOD SIGHT FOR IMPACT VEST... OR IF ANY YOU HAVE A USED VEST... IM 165LBS 32INCH WASTE AND ID SAY IM A MEDEUM BUILD...ALSO IF I FIND A VEST WHAT IS A DECENT PRICE.... ITS HARD TO PUT A PRICE ON SAFETY..
ANY IDEAS OUT THERE FRIENDS...?
THANKS STEVE

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:51 pm

Providing you use a seat harness get a Neil Pryde 5000 series impact vest. They are the best IMO although a bit expensive (approx. £90). You won't even know you've hit the water!

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:13 pm

THANKS... THE HARNESS I JUST BAUGHT LAST NIGHT IS A 2001 WIPIKA.. BUT NOT A SEAT HARNESS.. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!

rYaN
Medium Poster

Postby rYaN » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:32 pm

How are you good i hope .
I use a old wind surfing life vest,I got it from a friend it works real. i should real be using a large but it is a m and because it is smaller on me it real only works as a impact vest more so then a life vest but i think that if i get knonk out on the water it would hold me up enough.But You know your kite well all was hole you up out of the water and when it is down you are going to have do some swimming so dont get something to biggg,There now that is my contrdution .

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:33 pm

Skibum,
http://www.kitehigh.com sells the airush impact vest for like 80 us dollars with shipping. I have it and I like it a lot, it also helps you float, and it has one pocket in the front to put stuff and a big pocket in the back too, both with heavy duty zippers. I would get the medium, the large is too big, it is the one they sent me, I sewed some extra velcro on so it would close tighter.
Andres

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:49 pm

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:50 pm

This product combines the ultimate in impact protection with a U.S. Coast Guard approved F.F.D. (personal flotation device) It does not interfere with your harness. You'll be dang near bullet proof and sink proof, too. Ive been using it about a year and love it. The "pads" on the front and back are 2 1/2" t h i c k . Also at this link find Da Kine Seat Harness. Great product including emergency knife and emergency handle on back.

http://kiteworld.net/lifejackets-pfds.html

SKIBUMNCO
Medium Poster

Postby SKIBUMNCO » Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:54 pm

OOPS... OK NICE THAT HELPS.. HOWEVER I CALLED AND TALK WITH KITEHIGH.. APPARENTLY THE VEST DOES ALSO PROVIDE A LITTLE MORE FLOTATION... HOWEVER HERE IN COLORADO AT ARE LAKES 9-10 OF THEM INSIST MUST HAVE A US COAST GAURD APROVED LIFE VEST.. SO MY ? NOW WOULD BE IS THERE A IMPACT/LIFEVEST WITH THAT APROVAL RATING...ALSO IF NOT W/ A VEST AND A LIFE VEST IS THAT GOING TO BE SO BULKEY IT WOULD LIMIT MOVEMENT....
AGAIN ILL TAKE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET !!
THANKS STEVE

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:53 am

'Sup Ski-bum? I'm the annonymous guy that left the previous reply on this subject. The Stolquist PFD I was telling you about IS indeed U.S. Coast Guard approved as a flotation device. It does not interfere with movement or your harness. I've been using one for about a year and am very happy with it. There, you'll find a link to the shop where I bought mine. The lesser priced one is also available in black. If you have further questions about this product, let me know or give Kiteworld a call on their toll phree number. Good luck, Steve~

phree

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:59 pm

The NSI vest works great as well...
http://www.tristatekites.com/cgi-bin/pr ... dName=vest

Return to “Kitesurfing”