Forum for kitesurfers
murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby murdoc » Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:17 am

well ...
if you're able to do a trick anytime you want because you practised it that much in low jumps, why not try and boost it huge ?

i think it's just a level higher (at least for most of the tricks) to put it into a bigair. . .

i actually don't know why i practise moves, somehow for spectators, sure. but on the other hand, it's just some kind of normal.
you're able to ride, go upwind, jump and land?
so putting something between lift off and landing seems just natural. you gotta get the progress going.

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:59 am

I don't go huge or do nofoots,but i think i can relate to those who do, its somthing like the zen of kiting when one move blends into the next and each is not a move seperate, but of the whole, the thing, The charge is you are creating it.
I am one of those guys way out thier by themselves but when i get a smooth thing going on, Im not apossed to bringing it in and putting on a show. So from each end of performance spectum kiters have one thing in common the charge of perfecting your moves and grattification in sharing them and oh yeah when somone says "you rocked out there!" thats the best.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:21 pm

i think its all about conditions.one day fat water stady air time to practice new moves...next day gusty overpowered wind,time for some huge airs...next time new place not enough wind time just to get wet...so i think is worthless to compare.be good at everything
kpipis

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:30 pm

I think the whole take your board off and flip it around, pass it behind your back is pathetic. Thats all that everyone is doing these days. Can anyone ever be origional these days? you want some excitement? Unhook for a change, do some no-whip technical tricks, one handed, land bline out of the loop, thats the real deal, not this trapeeze style board off crap.

I am getting bored with it.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:29 am

I like the crash landing that you get when you try both at the same time.....

Nah it depends what kite you have .... X2 is great for big air but the AERO is great for tricks....

I still keep it HFDHH%$$#%@#^ simple.....

:evil: :evil:

BLOWN AWAY

aklbob
Frequent Poster

Postby aklbob » Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:47 pm

I'm into tricking, and do the occasional boost, but once I have a trick smooth, I like to go big when I do it...
It's all about having a repetoire of tricks (a bag of tricks if you will) which can be combined to give a fun performance...

Return to “Kitesurfing”