Warrior boost?

Forum for kitesurfers
rene q
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby rene q » Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:23 pm

I hear that ram-airs does not give the same lift when jumping compared to tubekites.
Is this true, or has it something to do with technique, or just a misunderstanding?
I'm considering heavily to change my Airblast-2001 quiver to Flysurfer Warriors and want to be sure before buying.

Paraflysurf
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Paraflysurf » Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:09 pm

Hai Rene,

I think it is a good idea to change your quiver to softkite-products. There are more advantages than disadvantages.

There are some (Blade)softkite-riders that have unbelieveable hang times with softkies so you see it is possible to have a great lift. But the increase of power by pulling the bar is much greater on tubes than on softkites.

I got a Mastair. If you pull the bar you can feel that the power increases, but you can not compare it to a tube like the Airblast.

Did you ever try the new JOJO-Rage-softkite ?

You should do before you decide what softkites will be in your quiver for the future.

Greetings

Manfred

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 10, 2002 12:09 am

Regarding the hang time, I heard about great hang times from softkites,but never saw them.
And as I remember right, a softkite never won a hang time comp.
Softkites have some advantages and disadvantages, so have tubes. But if you are in this sport for jumping, get a tube. If you want to carve and play in the waves a foil is good since it turns faster, specially in bigger sizes.

Return to “Kitesurfing”