All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:23 pm 
Rare Poster

I hear that ram-airs does not give the same lift when jumping compared to tubekites.
Is this true, or has it something to do with technique, or just a misunderstanding?
I'm considering heavily to change my Airblast-2001 quiver to Flysurfer Warriors and want to be sure before buying.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:09 pm 
Frequent Poster

Hai Rene,

I think it is a good idea to change your quiver to softkite-products. There are more advantages than disadvantages.

There are some (Blade)softkite-riders that have unbelieveable hang times with softkies so you see it is possible to have a great lift. But the increase of power by pulling the bar is much greater on tubes than on softkites.

I got a Mastair. If you pull the bar you can feel that the power increases, but you can not compare it to a tube like the Airblast.

Did you ever try the new JOJO-Rage-softkite ?

You should do before you decide what softkites will be in your quiver for the future.

Greetings

Manfred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 12:09 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Regarding the hang time, I heard about great hang times from softkites,but never saw them.
And as I remember right, a softkite never won a hang time comp.
Softkites have some advantages and disadvantages, so have tubes. But if you are in this sport for jumping, get a tube. If you want to carve and play in the waves a foil is good since it turns faster, specially in bigger sizes.

[ 3 posts ]