Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ebay: don't prepay with user "repetextc" (Australi

Forum to sell, buy or trade used kite gear. It is also suggested to use the "Second Hand" tool linked in the navigation on top.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Ebay: don't prepay with user "repetextc" (Australi

Postby Toby » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:37 am

I got a complaint from a user about he user "repetextc" on Australian Ebay, selling kite gear.
Be cautious when dealing with him, don't prepay, only accept cash on delivery and look inside the package before you pay the postman.

It doesn't have to be a scam, but better be careful than paying and not receiving any goods.

Greets
Toby

Newbie Kiter

Postby Newbie Kiter » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:23 pm

Just wondering what the complaint was with "repetextc" on Ebay Australia. Was thinking of buying a kite from him but am not sure now...

yabay
Rare Poster

Postby yabay » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:39 am

Newbie Kiter wrote:Just wondering what the complaint was with "repetextc" on Ebay Australia. Was thinking of buying a kite from him but am not sure now...
[quote]

Repetextc is repeating what he did on ebay 12 months ago.
In the last month he has sold 18 kites on ebay.
No positive feedback yet :o :o :(
30 days is running out fast :wink:

metalmongrel
Rare Poster

Postby metalmongrel » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:59 am

I just bought a kite and board package from the guy, the kite flys great and water relaunches really easily. He sent me the wrong board, I told him and he has told me to keep the board I have and is sending me a replacement free. You can't ask for more then that. Can anyone tell me what the scam is that has been mentioned in case I have missed something.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:42 pm

paid, and didn't get what he paid for....and no exhchange whatsoever.

fullcontact

repetextc

Postby fullcontact » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:14 am

I was a beginner Kiteboarder and only used a mates gear until deciding to buy my own from repetextc which is actually the company "xtckiteboarding" based on the Gold Coast. I contacted the owner, Charles Werb who explained the deal and paid for the package which was meant to arrive in 3 weeks. No Package arrived and was followed by many excuses. It has been 5 mths and still nothing. If anyone has had similar experiences please reply as I have now filed a claim in the courts to try and reclaim my money and strongly urge others to do similar.

Regards, Ben.

Aw Fudge

[b]XTC Kites[/b]

Postby Aw Fudge » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:14 pm

This message is for Ben who is having probs with Charles. I too bought a kite/board package from XTC and after 3 months........nothing! Charles was very attentive to my phonecalls and a very nice guy, however that doesnt get $600 bucks back. I used a cc to pay his Paymate (AUS version of Paypal) and calle my cc company to get a chargeback. after another month, I got my money back. good luck!

Windwalker5000

kyphi
Rare Poster

Postby kyphi » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:17 am

okay well I paid for a surfboard off this guy in november and I haven't recieved it... emails stopped.. and i had is mobile which i was happy with cause he was attentive until now where all i get is voicemail and no return of calls... I'd LOVE his contact details... like a land line number... a operating adress? his PO box is in burleigh heads... hmmm :-/ this was a present for my girlfriend for christmas... which makes it more dissapointing.. i printed the statement.. and i am ringing consumer affairs.. will they be able to help me? is it a police matter - can they help me? or will i lose my money.

flemboyant
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby flemboyant » Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:23 am

i was a victim too. soo many phone calls back to him and he had an excuse for everything. just talked politly and talked his way out of everything, till i found his address, and unfortunatly he had to be threatened till i recieved my goods.... 7 months later!!

Skid69

no longer a registered user

Postby Skid69 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:07 pm

Just a quick note to let the board know that "repetextc" is no longer a registered user on e-bay.

Return to “Second Hand”