Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ability classicifaction thread

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Thu Nov 14, 2002 1:48 am

On 2002-11-13 19:21, Eric S wrote:
Not to be glib but I see 4 stages (and I'm not so sure about the last one)

Fear - Beginer
Confidence - Intermediate
Respect - Advanced
Fear - Expert

I am not an 'Expert' but I understand from stories that the last stage of kite flying is Fear again. most all of the most expert kite fliers I know have said "I thought I was going to die when..."

Most of them have tried to place themselves back into the 'Advanced' camp. Respect the kite at all times.

Eric S.
Right on eric, the 4 stages I outlined ended at beginner kitboarder, that is to say a kitboarder, no longer a non kitboarding learner. The fith statge is too know for certain that the "kite fears nothing" so you had better "fear it" or pay!

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:06 am

1. I struggle to get in position to ride board but can eventually do it.
2. I can ride board, can't turn for shit
3. I do a lot of walking upwind
4. I can ride & somewhat handle the kite, still crash it a lot
5. Need more power
6. Get 4 line big kite
7. This thing will kill me, rip my arms off and choke me to death, I was wondering when I was gonna come up for air last crash
8. I can ride and somewhat handle the power
9. I can't turn on my directional worth beans but I'm ready to jump.
10 WHOA! can't land for shit though
11. Can now ride and jump good; landing needs a lot work.
12 Can't seem to be consistent with landings
13 Can land jumps that aren't too high, can turn the directional good, twintips are a piece of cake to turn (too easy) no challenge
Entered Intermediate in my opinion
14. Really high jumps, still need a little work on consistently landing them.
15. spins low
16 spins slightly higher
I'm here
Advanced
17 Spins really high
18. lands really high jumps somewhat consistent
Expert
Spinning with board off spinning board
Pro
Do it winning contests
What did I miss?
:smile:

Jeff

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:37 am

the point, fear the kite or pay! other than that all you have to do is figure out how it is that spinnin the board around made it from cheerleading into your best move? I mean whats next for you? cheers,

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:58 am

yeh good call foitken,

more full on power moves please and less carnival tricks

gaffer
Frequent Poster

Postby gaffer » Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:50 am

in that case does any one want to buy a set of waterproof juggling balls, they got a kitesurfing brand name on them so I want 5 times the normal price for them.

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:28 am

Fear...Nope, that's not on my list...but respect is definately a feature. True the kite fears nothing, (except giant lulls :grin:), but why should anyone fear the kite. Respect it, feel it's power, know it's potential for uncontrolled power, nurture it, treat it with love, kiss the fucking thing for christ, muhamad, and abraham's sakes, but why fear?
Fear the consequenses of disrespect. Fear your own poor judgement. Fear that uncontrolable surge of adrenaline, when you come around the last bend, seeing the whiteheads on the water, and effectively pushing all thoughts of saftey out of your mind.

:grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigSmelly on 2002-11-14 11:28 ]</font>

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:06 pm

On 2002-11-14 11:28, BigSmelly wrote:
Fear...Nope, that's not on my list...but respect is definately a feature. True the kite fears nothing, (except giant lulls :grin:), but why should anyone fear the kite. Respect it, feel it's power, know it's potential for uncontrolled power, nurture it, treat it with love, kiss the fucking thing for christ, muhamad, and abraham's sakes, but why fear?
Fear the consequenses of disrespect. Fear your own poor judgement. Fear that uncontrolable surge of adrenaline, when you come around the last bend, seeing the whiteheads on the water, and effectively pushing all thoughts of saftey out of your mind.

:grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigSmelly on 2002-11-14 11:28 ]</font>
Hey smelly, we are on the same page,My other cavioat de Kite i.e
"Kiteing is about being the one with the power and making the kite your bitch"
Speakes directly to your post;We have the power to be in control of ourselves,Only if we choose this option are we in a position to man handle That, "too stupid to be on her own Bitch" I lov all my girls and try to keepum line, Show me the money Bitch!

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:42 pm

Calling my lady a bitch (I know you are not), would be a sure way of driving fear into me, for the tounge lashing that the caller would recieve, would even run chills down my spine. Damn I love that woman, and her mouth :grin:

I believe that the ultimate control in kiting comes from solid kite control. Until you do not control your kite blind, you should never give yourself the illusion of feeling like you are in control, and even then, because there are so many other factors that can play a role your loosing conrtol of the kite, respect, should always remain in your vocabulary when dealing a sport, like ours, that involves nature and large amounts of potential energy :grin: (I love this green grinning guy - I can't seem to resist putting him at the end of all my posts)

fokiten

Postby fokiten » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:42 pm

Ok, Large smellman but i do not know if accually approve of this modification i have too think about it mmmmmmmmmm "kiting is about TRYING? to be the one with the power even thou you love and respect your kite so much you would never disrepect her wishes and hope she loves you enough not to kill you for any ill concieved in put you might make or fall in love with a gust and bust yor face up or otherwise become disenchanted with you and fuc u up even thou you love her? like i say i don't know about about this modification, Please refine it to your needs Im sticken to my bitches I like watchen them work for me, and i only hope i know when to duck you know how nasty dem bitches can be. peace love and alltitude fokiten is out!!!

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:34 pm

OK, you stick wid de bitches, and I'll stay with the love of my life... either way, you got to respect da mutha fucka's. :grin:

Return to “Kitesurfing”