Local Beach: Blackpool and Como.
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Waddell
Tarifa
Gear: Follow the Rabbits
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Has thanked: 0

Postby Rossall » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:12 am

Just trying and failing to choose a new one board does everything. I've been looking at the Wavetray 147 and the TAD customs but now I hear the VARI is the one to go for, i beleive it is being made by Underground. Has anyone out there tested it yet and give any feed back on it's performance.

phil.

Xboy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Xboy » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:16 am

Hi

A board that looks very interesting for 2003 is the new Lithium Series of Kiteboards from Liquid Force, as many people might no they have been making Killer Wakeboards for along time this new board looks truly awesome check em out at

http://www.liquidforcekites.com/index2.htm

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:18 am

I think Hernan's tried the WT and the vari

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Waddell
Tarifa

Postby Rossall » Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:37 pm

Come on Herman, whats the news.

phil.

Jurjen
Medium Poster

Postby Jurjen » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:08 pm

The Vari is not being made by underground, it's a stolen design of the wavetray made compatible to the standards of mass production.

**I heard cabrinha doesn't pay anything to underground (except they bought some models) <-- this doesn't sound correctly (if the post under this one is true) --> sorry,
But i would still go for the Wavetray instead of the Vari... :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jurjen on 2002-11-14 19:23 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:04 pm

I tried the 138 Vari and it was GREAT! I was using the 140 spoiler. The Vari is light, and finished perfectly. comes with "wide body" adjustable straps that I found very comfortable when the wide part was "outboard". Also comes with duel density pads (flat to aid in board offs), and a grab handle. The fins (6) are thinner that those on other boads. In the water the Vari is VERY smooth, both heal and toe side, loose enough so transition and riding swell is easy, and has GREAT pop! I have riden the 138 with my 10m-16m kites with no problems; I weigh 155lbs. I have no ridden the UG wave tray so I can't compare, and it may be similar, however, there was a post by Martin Vari that explained how this boad was developed, that it is different, and that the shaper was paid.

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Waddell
Tarifa

Postby Rossall » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:26 pm

And we can find the post ???????????????????

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:31 pm

Check out the new loose boards, the XX series and the TX series. I have not tried them yet, but i have heard great things about them from many many people. I have two 2002 models which are my only boards and i have sold and ridden other models here, they all work really well, very well constructed, great graphics and accesories, and good price too. Check em out http://www.loose.it
Best regards,
Andres
Loose dealer mexico

jfk88
Rare Poster

Postby jfk88 » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:40 pm

I think that the new boards from Hana Crew are going to make a dent. I just tried the Stealth and it is truly phenomenal while being incredibly light. (7lbs. or something fully configured)

If you check the prices I can't see many manufacturers beating the price for this kind of performance. I think it's worth a look. Check out their website.

mike
Frequent Poster

Postby mike » Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:37 pm

On 2002-11-14 07:12, Rossall wrote:
Just trying and failing to choose a new one board does everything. I've been looking at the Wavetray 147 and the TAD customs but now I hear the VARI is the one to go for, i beleive it is being made by Underground. Has anyone out there tested it yet and give any feed back on it's performance.

phil.

My advice is to try the boards out and go for the one you like the most.

With regards to the Vari board vs. the Wave Tray, YES there have been talks that Martin Vari after using the Underground Wave Tray and a few modified versions of it, put into production a very similar looking board rebadging it as Carbinha. This caused some aggravation amongst people who knew that the original design came from Adrian (UG shaper) and that no compensation was paid to UG for this.

The Underground Wave Tray is considered by many people to be a revolutionary design and it's natural that many will try to copy it but I don't think that they stand a good chance to succeed since Adrian knows how to make far better boards than those which are mass produced in the Far East.

Try the boards out and your choice will become clear.

Regards,
Mike
Underground Cyprus & Israel
Can ship worldwide.
mike.flysurfer@gmx.co.uk
++

Return to “Kitesurfing”