Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which 2003 Board

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:47 am

Hello Phil,
If you want to get in contact with me send me an e-mail at http://www.x-tremekiteboarding.com
Thanks.

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool and Como.
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras
Waddell
Tarifa
Gear: Follow the Rabbits
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby Rossall » Sat Nov 16, 2002 10:45 am

Dimitri
sent email 21:00 GMT, check your inbox or email rossallpr@yahoo.co.uk

phil.

Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:07 pm

i use a 2003 north jamie pro and its the muts, smooth, fast, light, and great pop.i used to ride a 150 twister but this is just no comparison.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:28 am

I've had the 148 Vari for two weeks now and my riding has definately progressed. For me the best attribute of the board is the ability of the board to grip in hard overpowered turns. Very predictable and sensitive to rider input. The combination of extra width, thin, and light really makes it work well in a wide range of wind conditions. I weigh 90 kgs and have ridden it in 15kts with a 16M all the way up to 35kts with a 9M. Because of the boards extra set of fins on the heelside I find that I can stay upwind with very little effort.
I haven't had the opportunity to ride a Wave Tray but for me I'm very happy with my Vari.

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Waddell
Tarifa

Postby Rossall » Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:49 am

Thanks for that, let's keep those review coming. What about the HANACREW Boards, I hear they are the bollocks !!!!!!

Phil.

Hernan
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hernan » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:10 pm

Phil:
I didn t tried both boards. I have a WT 142 and I like it very much, is fast and easy to ride. They ride bigger that it looks, so depending on your weight and conditions on your spot, dont be afraid on going small. I had a Cabrinha Prankster board, I like it overall but it was too stiff (carbon edition). The quality of construction looks awsome and I never saw a broken board from Cabrinha.
The difference between WT and Vari's is the fin placement. UG have small (35) fins close to the rail and Vari's have big fins (50) well inside the rail. (I dont know if they have a third heel side fin). With the inside the rail fin position you HAVE to use big fins or a third one. With the standard close to the rail UG fin placement you could use small (to skaty feel and glassy water) or bigger fins on waves and chop.
The concept of flat rocker plus flip tips is better on chop than standard tiped boards. If you ride in choppy conditions or waves, go for this type of board. If you ride flat water or glassy conditions you have more options to chosse from.

Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 82
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Lake Walchensee / Bavaria
Lake Garda / Italy
Paracuru / Brazil
Style: RED
Gear: Fanatic Sky Wing 5.6
Duotone Unit 2 6.0 / 4.5
Sabfoil Kraken M93/F703/S486/S425/W945/W999/W1250
Groove Skate
Moses Onda
Ozone Alpha V1
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos

Postby Foxi » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:11 pm

Hi there, what´s the Vari made of ? I´ve heard they´re using BIC-technology, same as my Takoon Curver. Compared to North Jaime or Robo that´s 1 kilo on top !

aloha

HT

Disco D
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jersey and Hatteras
Gear: Mixed Flexi quiver.

Postby Disco D » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:27 pm

Phil,

The 03' Hanacrew's rock. I rode the Stealth and Genesis within the last month. The Stealth was so fast and light that I found myself juiced on the 8.4AB when I normally have the 11.8AB up in those winds. I almost preferred riding toeside, either way they hold an edge when carving or for boosting.

I just received the Genesis which is a radical surf oriented TT at 140cm x 15" wide. It has carbon fiber deck, PVC core, flipped tips, concave bottom and flexes great.

The new designs are awesome. My riding has improved ten fold. It is as if I went to kite camp for a month but all I did was strap on a new stick. That sounds funny!

It's something about the feel that did it for me. Try one if you can..

Danny

Rossall
Very Frequent Poster
Waddell
Tarifa

Postby Rossall » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:38 pm

Thanks Danny they are sounding better all the time.

By the way the VARI is not made by BIC but the Double Agent is.

phil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rossall on 2002-11-18 18:41 ]</font>

Stanage
Rare Poster

Postby Stanage » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:59 pm

Unwanted Stealth!!

I picked up a Stealth as a prize in the US recently (it's in the UK now). I think it's a early model as it's silver, and I got in in September. It has bindings and fins.

If you're interested just get in touch. Not sure about shipping to the US though!

You can see it at <a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1982938878" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2938878</a>.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stanage on 2002-12-16 22:17 ]</font>

Return to “Kitesurfing”