Mach1 or Mach1 ?

Forum for kitesurfers
PMad
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby PMad » Thu Mar 07, 2002 5:43 am

Oops.. forgive me for the title, just kidding.

I recently got my two Mach1s (12.1/18.1), and these kites are truly as good as all the reviews I've read this far.

We may be hesitating on the AR, the "something" or the "anything", but the bottom line is that as long as you find a kite that suits you, with which you feel secure and confident, meets the wind conditions in your area, lets you go upwind and boosts when jumping... you're a happy wo/man (and probably the owner of a Mach1 :wink: (just kidding))

Happy Flying!
j.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:09 am

Jido, did you try to restart the 18.1 from water? Let us know

PMad
Medium Poster

Postby PMad » Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:47 am

yes : it's not easy (but don't forget that I just switched from foil-kites this season, so as far as restarting a "big" tube goes, I have just no experience at all).

It seems that very well pumping-up the front bladder is key. Then, having enough wind should help too: on my first day out, winds were in the 6-10 mph range, and I had a great time (see pic).
http://jido.freeservers.com/18m-firstday-jido.jpg

Yet, once I "managed" to get the kite down nose-in-the-water, I did not have an easy time restarting it. (are there any kites this size easy to restart?)

The kite eventually restarted but that was more by good fortune I feel, than by technique delicately applied......

I'll have to train for that, or better, just make sure not letting the kite down when I jump.
I am thinking of adding a 5th line to the back of one of the tubes, which would help flip the kite over when it lies on the water, front face down: anyone ever tried that?

Besides the water restart stories, this kite is REALLY extraordinary: despite low winds, it responded rapidly to commands, and remained precisely were placed in the window at all times allowing for great upwind surfing.
When on the lowest range of wind that day (6mph!), it was a bit less obvious but still managable to have a good fun while the others (15m!) had returned to shore already.....

Cheers,
j.
http://jido.freeservers.com/18m-firstday-bluesky.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jido on 2002-03-15 19:35 ]</font>

PMad
Medium Poster

Postby PMad » Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:50 am

PS: Thanks to Johnny for taking the pics!

Return to “Kitesurfing”