Good depower compared to traditional buggy foils

CONS

Hard to pack

Can break leading edge on impact with ground

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:55 am

Compared to my friends blade II my C Quad has more forward thrust, less lift, better lightwind performance, easier landing and better depower...

..... but more hassles with packing and bridles etc....

BLOWN AWAY :smile:

ianwood
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ianwood » Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:04 am

hi again kieren,

Before buying a Ozone Razor be aware that this kite is extemly hard to manage in a buggy. Generaly kiters who fly Razors have had prior expierience buggying. The Razor is difficult to master as it flys out of the window at high speed and is amost immpossible to turn with at first. But with perseverence it will reward you with unriveled speed both down and upwind.
There is no comparison to a C-Quad. If a C-quad beat a Blade 2 the Blade flyer must have had the wrong size kite in the air for the conditions on the day.

An easier kite to manage would be the Libra Bora or a Predator 2 both these kites are without doubt some of the best on the market.

Most people who buy top end buggy kites until they get used to them, regret buying. but once it all clicks in place "WOW"!!!!

Go on buy one and and stick with it.

Happy Buggying

Ian

kieran
Rare Poster

Postby kieran » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:03 pm

ian,

i have a lot of perseverence and look forward to the "WOW" factor when it all clicks.

thanks again for your input.

kieran

ianwood
Rare Poster

Postby ianwood » Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:59 am

Kieren

Just noticed you live in OZ I'm moving over there next year with the family to the Gold Coast. Maybe i'll see you on a beach someday.

Ian

kieran
Rare Poster

Postby kieran » Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:41 am

hi ian,

where are you moving from ? i live in sydney, which is a considerable distance from the gold coast. however, if you ever get down to sydney make sure you give me a yell and i'll show you some of the local (and not so local) kiting locations. my e-mail address is kieran_power@yahoo.com.au.

there are plenty of good locations on the gold coast for kiting - you'll have a ball.

btw, i picked up the razor this morning and took it out with the buggy. wind was about 10 knots. Could have done with a bit more wind but was good for getting the feel of the kite. great kite, took a bit to get used too, but i put that down to the fact that i've been using inflatables with bars fot 2 years and the razor is really the first foil with two handles that i've flown. anyway, after a couple of hours i had things under control and was buggying with out too much trouble. can't wait to get the kite out in 15 knots.

kieran.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:04 pm

Hey Keiran, Good choice on the Ozone razor, I use these race kites and rate them along with the JOJO rm series in a word awsome. Although the are not beginner kites. If you are a beginner look at the Ozone Little Devils.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:48 pm

Would agree that the Libra Bora 3 series ie 2002 model is probably the best behaved high performance buggy kite on the market , expensive but worth it - try a 3.7 on 25m lines in force4/5 it'll blow you away, otherwise the Elliot Lexx series are pretty good especially the 4.4 and 5.5 - little bit more twitchy than the Bora but better priced.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:50 pm

Would agree that the Libra Bora 3 series ie 2002 model is probably the best behaved high performance buggy kite on the market , expensive but worth it - try a 3.7 on 25m lines in force4/5 it'll blow you away, otherwise the Elliot Lexx series are pretty good especially the 4.4 and 5.5 - little bit more twitchy than the Bora but better priced.

ianwood
Rare Poster

Postby ianwood » Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:33 am

Always wondered what the Elliot lexx was like have you any more info on the performance.

Ian

Return to “Snow / Land”