Silversand-Barbados
Style: Wave
Gear: RRD Religion
Brand Affiliation: RRD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby mas-martin » Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:14 pm

Hi Guy's (Girls)

Dos anyone know if it's posible to buy at kite direct from the factory in China or whereever they make them?? We have 25% tax here in Denmark and then the dealer takes a pice of the cake too. So if not just for the fun of the trip..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mas-martin on 2002-03-16 14:15 ]</font>

KITEPROSHOP.com
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KITEPROSHOP.com » Sat Mar 16, 2002 5:08 pm

Hi,

If it would be possible to buy the kites direct from the factory, everyone would do it.
I thought in Denmark the prices are so low?

We are trying to quote very good prices, so please check our service and prices.

If you don't want to spend too much money, get a used kite. Sometimes you can make good bargains and the kites form last year are quiet good.

Please understand that the industry has to earn some money. With this money new stuff can be developed. Naish built 141 prototypes for the new Aero, to come out this way.
If everyone would buy from the factory, we wouldn't have this sport and never the choices of material we are having nowadays.

mas-martin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Around Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Witsands-SA
Gnarloo-WA
Silversand-Barbados
Style: Wave
Gear: RRD Religion
Brand Affiliation: RRD

Postby mas-martin » Sat Mar 16, 2002 7:12 pm

Hi,

Now i have seen the prices on Kiteproshop.com, and i can tell you that a North Rhino 12,0 is 384€ under the listing price in Denmark. So i guess i have found the place to buy my next kite :smile:

Internet shopping rules!!

ERX
Medium Poster

Postby ERX » Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:34 pm

Do you know the cost of product? According to my sources it is approximately 30% of retail price. So, what we are paying for? For marketing, logistics and distribution.
For instance take a windsurf sail industry: Gun Sails skip all of distributors and dealers, thus offering product in average 40% cheaper than competitors do. Material and factory is the same as Simmer Style (previously Neilpryde) have.
I guess resellers have too high margins.
Your appinion?

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:43 pm

I don't know where they get the prices for these new kites from a new north 12 meter is £950 pounds in England. This is just ridiculous all they are is a bit of blow up tubing with a bit of cloth wrapped round. I thought windsurfing sails were a bit expensive but these people a just ripping everyone off. The price of freedom is just too high. Do they not feel guilty? they should be about 300 to 400 pounds. I just don't belive in all these development costs they talk about. They are all just designed on computers anyway. The man with the patent is a f*****g C**t

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:00 am

I heard about the prices in UK too. These are really too high. Considering the fact that they all pay the same price at the factory! But this is not the shops fault, I think, it is the distributor. As far as I know the shops have about 20%. And I think that this is ok. Go to a shop and see all the stuff, which they paid for. It is tons of money invested. The distributor has to pay for everything too before nad needs a stock, which costs money.
And all the advertising in mags, and doing promotions with team riders. And all of this we have to pay. That's the way the game goes. Became part of it and you will think the same way,
I know that Gun copies a lot so they don't pay too much for development.

If I would be living in the UK I wouldn't pay these high prices - agreed, it is too much for it.

Hopefully one day the prices will drop!
Can't wait for it :wink:

Toby

Flysurfer_in _DC
Rare Poster

Postby Flysurfer_in _DC » Sun Mar 17, 2002 2:55 am

I would have to agree. The prices on the kites are simply ridiculous. Frankly, I would be surprised if the cost of a kite was higher than $100 for the manufacturer. This is the reason why you can see so many companies getting in the business. the margins are so high: it is simply insane. In order to sell their kites, the new comers will have to drop their price. Over time, the prices will drop.
Just wait and see...

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Sun Mar 17, 2002 8:44 am

this is exactly why i bought both of my kites used. i got them for way cheaper than they would have been new, plus they were in great shape. it seems as though the industry wants to kind of direct it's self towards the wakeboard croud, but with the current prices, it isn't gonna happen. of course the prices will come down over time, they already have a little. but it is too hard for a person like myself that is going to college, and doesn't have any money.
later,
rob

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:56 am

I think they will drop, too.
But not as much as we expect to.
Look at all new kites, they are all about the same price. The industry is not interested in selling cheaper.
Gun will be the only producer with low prices.
But if you start nowadays, you are very lucky, and this will continue over many years now. When I started there were only 2 tube kite companies and almost no used kites.
Now the quality improves and on th emarket many kites are available, which you can buy for good prices.

Tube kite prices should drop when the patent runs out. But does anyone have an idea how much they have to pay the Takoon guys for the patent per kite?

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 17, 2002 11:40 am

I think most companies don't even pay the patent fee to Bruno, he's going to court about that..

Buzzy

Return to “Kitesurfing”