Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Homebrewer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Foot straps

Postby Homebrewer » Tue May 24, 2005 7:25 pm

I found a site that has 2003 Naish straps for $10 a pair. Does anyone know anything about then?

Thanks!

Mike

kiteboardingcentral.com
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboardingcentral.com » Wed May 25, 2005 4:17 am

OH!

I know that they're cheap.

Homebrewer
Rare Poster

Cheap

Postby Homebrewer » Wed May 25, 2005 5:11 pm

Kiteboardcentral,

What do you mean by cheap? Seems to me that people who make their own boards are interested in doing so on the cheap. Otherwise we'd all spend thousands of dollars on retail boards.

Cheap as in, they will fall apart after only one use? Your feet will keep slipping out? A piece of twine would work better? Are they worse than what I can make myself for $20 in materials and my wife's sewing machine?

I'd like to find some not "cheap" ones but I'm not willing to spend more on footstraps than I did for the entire board. Will they work good enough for a $20 homemade board or should I glue some flip-flops to my board because that would work better than these $10 straps?

Please elaborate on what you mean by cheap.

Mike

devin
Frequent Poster

Postby devin » Thu May 26, 2005 12:50 am

mike.

i'd spend the extra money and go for good straps and pads. i've yet to get out on the water, but i'm going to be using the same mentality i do for snowboarding and kite snowboarding, the mentality being that boards are temporary and what ever it is that is connecting me to my board should be of extremely high quality. when i snowboard i go through at least 2 boards, as many as five, per season, so i only spend 50-100$ (canadian) for used boards while my boots are worth 300$ and my bindings almost equally as much. as long as you have a solid connection which you find comfortable between you and your board my guess is that you'll be able to ride better and have more fun. the board may have only cost you 20$, but if you get straps/pads worth 100$ or so (that aren't adhesive ones) they should last you through all the boards you make.

hope this helps,
.devin

kiteboardingcentral.com
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kiteboardingcentral.com » Thu May 26, 2005 5:18 pm

Cheap as in a good price...

Return to “Gear Builders”