Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Underground Magic Carpet Review.

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:28 pm

On 2002-11-21 23:59, Protos wrote:
Good point, Wolfgang.

This board is listed at 158cm, like that's large!

Good God, when I was windsuffering I thought my 8'10 slalom board was a tiny little rocket. And now a 5'2" board is considered a "big" lightwind barge?

A year ago I was riding a 6'6" directional, in upwards of 25knots at times (OK, so that pretty much sucked...).

People now wonder why they "need" a 20M kite? Get a slightly larger board, and your 15-16M should be fine for most everything. Otherwise you'll be waiting on the beach with the windsurfers...

:wink:

P.S.- I weigh in at ~90kgs. so maybe I'm bitter at these lighter guys out there!
The big kites are great once powered... you can practically do anything you want in the air and they stay in one spot... big low AR kites relaunch still easily too.

I'm glad we now have lightwind wakestyle boards and big useable kites so we don't have to wait for it to hit 15 knots all the time....

BLOWN AWAY

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:01 am

Cal,
Anymore updates? I'm dying for a picture over here! I think I've managed to convince my wife that this would make a great Xmas present. :cool:

You've been gone long enough that I wondered if maybe you'd gotten blown out to sea somewhere on 10 kt winds! :wink:

SENDIT!

Cal
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Cal » Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:24 am

On 2002-11-27 11:01, SENDIT! wrote:
Cal,
Anymore updates? I'm dying for a picture over here! I think I've managed to convince my wife that this would make a great Xmas present. :cool:

You've been gone long enough that I wondered if maybe you'd gotten blown out to sea somewhere on 10 kt winds! :wink:

SENDIT!
G'day, don't have much to add to my previous review. The lightweight guys like it but say it's a bit of overkill for them...

I don't have any easy way to get a pic on the net at the moment, just look at undergrounds website and look at the SB, just imagne it 10cm longer and a little more rounded in the corners!

Cheers
Callum

Return to “Kitesurfing”