Forum for kitesurfers
sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:10 pm

several of the naish rpo team have thrown a leg over a psycho, shinny himself was impressed by its smooth glide and hangtime.

it'll be interesting to see what naish do with the foil concept, i actually think they will only use it for trainers and snow kites.

but it would be nice to see a naish foil on the water.

as for the x3 thats a different matter entirely. i'd be expecting it to look not unlike that x'10' we saw a while back.

x10 kite for pro pilots and comp riders only, my arse, wheres the profit in that. more likely its a disguised x3 so people don't stop buying the x2....

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:21 pm

Ask Rudy Passion Brussels they send already the X3 price listing !!!!!!!!!
Kubus said April .... :smile:

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:35 pm

Jo Mac, Uh your mistaken....that's the F-15, not X3. Love the photo...but how'd those guys get a photo of me skiing that day. We tested both the Mig and F-15 and I have to say I like the Mig better....less exhaust wake to scorch my head. Cheers

Mr Jo Macdonald
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mr Jo Macdonald » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:49 pm

Ok Stefan, so they called it the F15 instead of the X3 but the point is it's a foil not an inflato, I mean look at those two bloody enourmous air vents in the middle of the wing to keep it inflated as it flys.

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:27 pm

Yup....it seems like common sense doesn't it?
The R&D guy's finally figured out that adding a jet engine and shaping the kite like a jet would improve aerodynamics. You should have seen the first prototypes, the ones shaped like Cessna's. Let's just say that the prop thing didn't work out, lots of kiters lost body parts. Now if they can just keep the price of the X3 under $50 million USD.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:33 am

Looks like you'll get plenty of height and hangtime of that kite in Jo Macs photo... Also if another kite get's in your way you can just shoot it down :smile:...

Bit gusty behind the kite though isn't it??

BLOWN AWAY :evil:

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:34 am

As a matter of fact, I just saw Don M out here last weekend testing a weird looking foil/lei contraption. It had an inflated LE, but no struts. Looked a little squirrely to me, but I have no idea what he may have been trying to do. Got a few good sized jumps, but nothing much different than the rest of us were doing. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

SENDIT!

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:53 pm

Guys where can I get one of those F15's from, there's getting alot of arses out on the water( hey Mr Pasty ) who I'd love blow off the water with me new F15, when I get one.

Guam Bomb
Frequent Poster

Postby Guam Bomb » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:37 pm

A friend of mine just came back from Hawaii and he saw this guy on a F Arch with an inflatable leading edge.

Return to “Kitesurfing”