Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RRD 4.1: seems not so popular

forum for kitesurfers

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:54 pm

Some brands are popular others not.
So what about RRD ?
They have teh SUpertype and the 4.1
Supertype is way to much performance to me.
So what about the 4.1 ?
The RRD 4.1 16 complete is on sale for 749EURO
So tell me: to buy or not to buy ??

Eddy Cormon

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:48 pm

Hi ed,
i sent you a private message. you should check it out

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:18 pm

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:40 pm

Hi Ed,
I don't know too much about the 4.1,almost purchased one on these spring but my local dealer told me to by a supertype.As he said it will be the better choice later on when I will be a better rider.So I start to use a 12m. supertype as a beginner and I was so happy with it,so don't worrie about it's too much performance it's a really user friendly kite (not like the others for a beginner)and a really good performer.Especially I like the small bar because the kite turns so gently with it and I dont have to see always the kite just feel where is it.So I think it's a good choice for You too.
Regards Lacok from Hungary

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo, Mexico. Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico.
Boca del Rio, Veracruz, Mexico.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Kites:
4m Ozone Reo 2012
7m Ozone Edge 2012
8m Ozone Catalyst 2012
12m Ozone Reo 2013
13m Ozone Edge 2013
14m Ozone Catalyst 2013

Boards:
Cabal SX51 Skimboard
ASP Stealth Custom Kiteboard 135cm 2013
Tona Pop 138cm with LF Kite Vantage bindings
Xenon Rayo 145*44 2011
Underground Kipuna 5'8" Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone, Slingshot, North, Naish, RRD, LF, Axis, Xenon, Tona, Mystic, Ion & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:55 am

The mexican RRD team rider mauricio toscano was here in mexico a few months ago. He had a 15 m 4.1 with him, and i was really impressed with how fast it turned, and he was getting 5 meter jumps on the beach with like 10 knots(he is very light, and is a pro). The accesories bar etc, seemed very well made, and the kite looked very well constructed and was really tough. he went out on a small twintip and was able to jump and do stuff, the wind was very light.
I think you can't go wrong, and 750 euros is a very good price
Andres

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:08 pm

i just tried the supertype out last week and it was the best kite i've flown. my friend is just learning and he bought a 16 meter supertype and he's doing fine with it. it's really high performance but is also very user friendly. i recomend the supertype if you can get it, it's a little more stable than the 4.1's.

sparkee
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sparkee » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:07 pm

i fly RRD 4.1 i have a 12m 9m and 6m.they are boomb proof, great for boosting and they are pretty easy to relaunch, ive had these kites for over a season and im out most days when its windy and they show no signs of wear, the only down side is that they are a bit heavy on the arms, but hey i dont mind sacrificing this for there durability.

Return to “Kitesurfing”