RRD 4.1: seems not so popular

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:54 pm

Some brands are popular others not.
So what about RRD ?
They have teh SUpertype and the 4.1
Supertype is way to much performance to me.
So what about the 4.1 ?
The RRD 4.1 16 complete is on sale for 749EURO
So tell me: to buy or not to buy ??

Eddy Cormon

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:48 pm

Hi ed,
i sent you a private message. you should check it out

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:18 pm

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:40 pm

Hi Ed,
I don't know too much about the 4.1,almost purchased one on these spring but my local dealer told me to by a supertype.As he said it will be the better choice later on when I will be a better rider.So I start to use a 12m. supertype as a beginner and I was so happy with it,so don't worrie about it's too much performance it's a really user friendly kite (not like the others for a beginner)and a really good performer.Especially I like the small bar because the kite turns so gently with it and I dont have to see always the kite just feel where is it.So I think it's a good choice for You too.
Regards Lacok from Hungary

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:55 am

The mexican RRD team rider mauricio toscano was here in mexico a few months ago. He had a 15 m 4.1 with him, and i was really impressed with how fast it turned, and he was getting 5 meter jumps on the beach with like 10 knots(he is very light, and is a pro). The accesories bar etc, seemed very well made, and the kite looked very well constructed and was really tough. he went out on a small twintip and was able to jump and do stuff, the wind was very light.
I think you can't go wrong, and 750 euros is a very good price
Andres

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:08 pm

i just tried the supertype out last week and it was the best kite i've flown. my friend is just learning and he bought a 16 meter supertype and he's doing fine with it. it's really high performance but is also very user friendly. i recomend the supertype if you can get it, it's a little more stable than the 4.1's.

sparkee
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sparkee » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:07 pm

i fly RRD 4.1 i have a 12m 9m and 6m.they are boomb proof, great for boosting and they are pretty easy to relaunch, ive had these kites for over a season and im out most days when its windy and they show no signs of wear, the only down side is that they are a bit heavy on the arms, but hey i dont mind sacrificing this for there durability.

Return to “Kitesurfing”