Kerry Baragwanath
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Electric Pump

Postby Kerry Baragwanath » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:22 pm

Nukin wrote:http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/12voltpump.html
also at wal mart for less than $20
Hey guys I bought this pump, it does NOT work for kites. I was pretty disappointed. The pump wont get your bladder up to pressure, not even close.

fernmanus
Very Frequent Poster

Postby fernmanus » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:30 am

I have an NSI pump. It is self-contained with a 12V battery and you can regulate the pressure. It will turnoff automatically once it hits the preset pressure. However, I think the OEM battery is a piece of junk. I used to be able to pump up several kites off of one charge, now I can only pump up one 20M kite before it needs a recharge. I am going to buy a replacement battery. Some of my friends have experienced other durability issues as well. When it does work, it works great. You can do other things like setting up your lines if you weigh down the kite and turn the pump on.

Kenny

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:19 am

fernmanus wrote:I have an NSI pump. It is self-contained with a 12V battery and you can regulate the pressure. It will turnoff automatically once it hits the preset pressure. However, I think the OEM battery is a piece of junk. I used to be able to pump up several kites off of one charge, now I can only pump up one 20M kite before it needs a recharge. I am going to buy a replacement battery. Some of my friends have experienced other durability issues as well. When it does work, it works great. You can do other things like setting up your lines if you weigh down the kite and turn the pump on.

Kenny
The batteries are not expensive. It pays to have 2 anyway,you charge up the spare for a backup.

Electric pumps are like Cell phones, once you get one,you wonder how you ever did without it !

Return to “Reviews”