Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Gumball: Where is your response to the FS-Bet?

Forum for kitesurfers
Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rockstar » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:26 am

selassie wrote:Gumball, come on bro, you gotta show these foil kooks whats up. :thumb:

Cant wait to see the hellfish pwn the shit outta that foil.
From what I've seen,and many others, the Hellfish has had the shit pwn out of it by other regular kites in the same size!

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:48 pm

selassie wrote:Gumball, come on bro, you gotta show these foil kooks whats up. :thumb:

Cant wait to see the hellfish pwn the shit outta that foil.
and what if the foil wins???

would you eat humble pie and start gunning LEI's?

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:02 pm

stoner wrote:Ahhh... I see we've come full circle Grasshopper :jap:. The LEI has transcended itself, rendering all previous LEI incarnations obsolete. Now ONE LEI bears the heavy burden of duelling for the honour of kite supremacy... against a humble foil... :crossfingers:
1) What company would not want it's own kiteforum group... and a sticky too... what if G-ball wanted to pay for such a privilege... would Toby dare... of course not... but thanks to bashers... G-ball got all the publicity at no cost... gotta love thy enemies :wink:

2) As long as best bashers keep harping for the duel... G-ball is content to keep quiet... why?
a) Implicitly, it's saying that on Hellfish has a chance to beat FS at FS's traditional advantage... no one is calling out Machine, Contra, etc. That helps Hellfish publicity more than anything else...
b) So most people thinks FS is incrementally better in low wind than any basic LEI... yet I haven't found anyone that want to give up LEI for foils... so there's a reason for that right... handling for starter... it's like a big block Camaro calling out my S2000 at the stop light... but refused to take it to the race track...
c) The contest will happen regardless... soon the kite will be out there... but by keeping it low keynow... as you said... it's no longer LEI vs. foils... it Hellfish vs. foils... could G-ball hope for anything more...

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:07 pm

vietkiter wrote:
stoner wrote:Ahhh... I see we've come full circle Grasshopper :jap:. The LEI has transcended itself, rendering all previous LEI incarnations obsolete. Now ONE LEI bears the heavy burden of duelling for the honour of kite supremacy... against a humble foil... :crossfingers:
1) What company would not want it's own kiteforum group... and a sticky too... what if G-ball wanted to pay for such a privilege... would Toby dare... of course not... but thanks to bashers... G-ball got all the publicity at no cost... gotta love thy enemies :wink:

2) As long as best bashers keep harping for the duel... G-ball is content to keep quiet... why?
a) Implicitly, it's saying that on Hellfish has a chance to beat FS at FS's traditional advantage... no one is calling out Machine, Contra, etc. That helps Hellfish publicity more than anything else...
b) So most people thinks FS is incrementally better in low wind than any basic LEI... yet I haven't found anyone that want to give up LEI for foils... so there's a reason for that right... handling for starter... it's like a big block Camaro calling out my S2000 at the stop light... but refused to take it to the race track...
c) The contest will happen regardless... soon the kite will be out there... but by keeping it low keynow... as you said... it's no longer LEI vs. foils... it Hellfish vs. foils... could G-ball hope for anything more...
BS :bye:

Hellhish hasn't proved anything yet ... how could it .. it isn't even in production yet (at least it wasn't a week ago) ...

And 90% of all kiter just want to see a good light wind LEI kite that lives up to the hype ... 5 knots and powered ...

It's like the contra: "especially designed for the 5 to 10 knots range", which was also BS, cause with the 19.5 fun starts around 10 knots.

The question that stands is: is BEST tellins lies about being lit at 5 knots on a hellfish or not ?

Now about the bet thing with aaron, very simple: someone has chickend out ..

stoner
Medium Poster

Postby stoner » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:47 pm

vietkiter wrote:I haven't found anyone that want to give up LEI for foils...
You need to get out more... and no, I don't mean out on the water (this time 8))... I mean OUT. You need to find a remote spot and stoke up on the pure essence of kiteboarding. There you will find such guys... able to appreciate kites that can be wrapped around cactus and launched without damage; able to hit&run at spot after spot without technological back up.

Kiteboarding -- it's not about the publicity. True story.

[toke]:kiff: If the gee!man is a shark you must be the remora... like the cyclist said to the yuppie S2000 driver... "you suck".

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:51 pm

El_Gran_Extractor wrote:And 90% of all kiter just want to see a good light wind LEI kite that lives up to the hype ... 5 knots and powered ...
Pipe dream unless you are a light weight like me... then reality starts at 16m
It's like the contra: "especially designed for the 5 to 10 knots range", which was also BS, cause with the 19.5 fun starts around 10 knots.
This is my point... everyone does the same hype shit... but apparently Mark Van Haze thinks it just Best... :roll: It's also grade school to bait someone chicken... unless you are willing to say it to the person's face.

I will tell you would be the biggest fucking lie ever... if Cabrinha gets rid of recon for fifth line... talking about the biggest hoax... I guess I was also a fool to not realize recon stood for "shoulda RECONsider"

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:02 pm

stoner wrote:You need to find a remote spot and stoke up on the pure essence of kiteboarding. There you will find such guys... able to appreciate kites that can be wrapped around cactus and launched without damage;
So are you 100% foil man? I am still trying to find one. Otherwise, does the above statement mean anything?
If the gee!man is a shark you must be the remora... like the cyclist said to the yuppie S2000 driver... "you suck".
Oh the faux stereotypes... cyclists, which I am one... hate Hummers crowd who forget how fat they and their vehicles are... as to S2000... my girlfriend uses it mostly now... it's Spa Yellow :thumb: I use mostly by Focus hatchback... fits a few more kites and boards.... plus a kayak for kiteyaking on those windless days.

jrobson
Very Frequent Poster

Postby jrobson » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:34 pm

vietkiter wrote:
stoner wrote:You need to find a remote spot and stoke up on the pure essence of kiteboarding. There you will find such guys... able to appreciate kites that can be wrapped around cactus and launched without damage;
So are you 100% foil man? I am still trying to find one. Otherwise, does the above statement mean anything?
If the gee!man is a shark you must be the remora... like the cyclist said to the yuppie S2000 driver... "you suck".
Oh the faux stereotypes... cyclists, which I am one... hate Hummers crowd who forget how fat they and their vehicles are... as to S2000... my girlfriend uses it mostly now... it's Spa Yellow :thumb: I use mostly by Focus hatchback... fits a few more kites and boards.... plus a kayak for kiteyaking on those windless days.
Lovely that you use the Focus hatch, I am buying the new model next month(nice packing space for all the gear). Anyway, when looking for a new car I went and test drove a few models from different manufacturers and also spoke to alot of people who have tried a few different models in the same range... Every single person agreed that the Focus is indeed the car that offers most value for money and has a better drive and handling than all the other competing models from other manufacturers, in a league of it's own. Looking at the sales figures though shows a different story, 2nd place, VW outsells it by about 15%, and this was in the launch month when the Focus was suppose to come out strong. So this month and next VW will problably outsell it by 20-30%. On discussing with some industry insiders the general idea is that because VW has a better history here compared to Ford than in some other countries, they will continue to outsell, even though the Focus is cheaper and performs better. And is alot more car for your money.

People simply don't like change.

Over in one of these threads another kiter mentioned that if the 10m speed can do 10kts low end and 30kts top end he would go out and buy it. Armin came and confessed that the feedback from customers suggest it is possible, do you think everyone is suddenly interrested in switching? No. Everyone is going on about the big air and hangtime on the HF, the gay foil has at least the same, problably more, is everyone interrested in switching? No. Now it is all about turning speed, if the next foil comes out and turns as fast as a LEI would everyone switch... No. Don't put too much faith in your "everyone rides LEI" argument... There was a time when "everyone" smoked... that didn't make it a good thing.

I'm think they are both great kites though. :thumb: :bye:

Cortex
Frequent Poster

Postby Cortex » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:40 pm

Well, if you need to find a 100% foil-man (whetever that means) I can give you a lot of examples of local riders over here (Sweden) but I can at least start with myself. :wink:

Sure, I borrow a LEI from some people now and then if I want to check what has happened with LEI-development lately... but since I sold my last LEI in march this year (SS Fuel -04) after not using it a single time for 9 months (the P2's always were the ones to come out of the bags instead), I can now honestly say that I only own foils. And so far none of the -05 LEI's I've tried has made me eager to switch from my FS-foils.

I've been riding both foils and LEI's since 2002... actually I started on LEI's in 2001 an then had mixed quivers of both since late 2002.

Only two days left until I get my SPEED 10... he he. :thumb:

mark van haze
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mark van haze » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:43 pm

Alex, whats up? Busy? Did Armin contact you?

@vietkiter try and sell kites to guys you kite with everyday. Youll see how far you can get with bullshit claims. And I do believe theres a line between bullshit and hype.

Return to “Kitesurfing”