Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Aero II or Toro

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:00 am

Hi, I have had a number of lessons now and I am just about ready to buy my first kite. I am being advised to look seriously at the North Toro or Naish Aero, as they both seem to be easy to water relaunch and are stable, predicable and easy to control.

Having done some investigation I am leaning toward the Naish Aero II (due in the shops in Australia in the 2nd week of December according to the distributors). Does anyone one have any general advice or opinions they want to share, or any specific information on the suitability of the Aero II as a beginner kite?

Thanks

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:39 am

On 2002-11-27 00:00, Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone one have any general advice or opinions they want to share
Oh yeah. The Aero2 isn't widely available yet. To get a good broad range of reviews wait until about 3-4 months after any model is released. First impressions are always superduperawesome for any kite. Drawbacks or even real problems don't show up in public discussion for a long while (unless the kite really stinks). The Toro is a great kite, obviously not the most recent design. There is an update rumored to be out soon as well.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:26 am

I'm also leaning towards the AERO II... well fully leaning actually. But that's only because I use Naish gear and allready have a 12m X2 and a 20m AERO. If I used North Rhinos or Rhino II's then I'd get the TORO. Either way would be a good decision as they are great kites for beginners that you won't grow out of....

BLOWN AWAY

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:15 pm

I don't recommand the Aero2 as a beginner kite.
Aero1 was ok, but version 2 has been designed with all the improvement developped for the X2, the result is that it is now a kite for advanced riders.
The AR is higher than Aero1, and even by using the slowest tuning for the rear lines you get a super fast turning kite, which is obviously not a good choice to begin the sport.
I am an Aero2 owner but Toro 2 sounds more reasonable for the beginners.
Just my two cents
Phil

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:29 pm

On 2002-11-27 22:15, Anonymous wrote:
I don't recommand the Aero2 as a beginner kite.
Aero1 was ok, but version 2 has been designed with all the improvement developped for the X2, the result is that it is now a kite for advanced riders.
The AR is higher than Aero1, and even by using the slowest tuning for the rear lines you get a super fast turning kite, which is obviously not a good choice to begin the sport.
I am an Aero2 owner but Toro 2 sounds more reasonable for the beginners.
Just my two cents
Phil
What size AERO IIs do you have?

BLOWN AWAY

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:12 pm

I have the 12
Phil

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:35 pm

How far away is Toro2

2nd quarter 2003?

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:43 pm

Aero1 and Toro1 are ok for beginners.
Not Aero2 in my opinion

Toro2? will see....

Phil

Kite-Line
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Any
Gear: Anything we sell is tested by myself and our team.
Brand Affiliation: All major brands

Postby Kite-Line » Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:15 am

Aero II or Toro?

I would choose the Toro for its all around performance and user friendlyness.

The Toro II may be even better....we'll see.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 30, 2002 7:21 pm

Cabrihna CO2 2003
Neil Pryde will pump the marketing in such way, that Naish will become second choice on the same level as North. Neil Pryde will succeed.
Seems CO2 2003 is a great kite too !

Eddy

Return to “Kitesurfing”