Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
bru
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FONE Mystic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Takoon Nova - first feedback ...

Postby bru » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Hi guys -we are lucky to receive the first shipment of the new Nova here in Durban South Africa - here is some feedback from one of the riders who took delivery of one of the new 12 Nova's this morrning(this is from ikiteboarding.com) ... unfortunatley wind conditions were testing today in Durban but tomorrow looks good to start testing them properly and in the waves !!

Howdy,

I have sat back and listened and looked at everything that has been said about the Takoon Nova. There always seem to be those who are keen to find fault or bring something down without trying it themselves.

Well today I got to test the Nova 12 for myself and I was blown away by it! Condtions for testing weren't the best - 8 - 15 odd knots gusty SW at kite beach - but the Nova performed brilliantly.

The bar is incredibly smooth and the de - power range is huge. The kite sat perfectly the whole time even in those conditions and is quick and responsive. Letting the bar go completley depowers the kite 100% and it will fall down with no pull at all. I felt completely safe at all times.The relaunch was unbelievably easy - simply pulling the one back line brought the kite up and relaunched it at the edge of the window. Definitely the easiest I have ever had![/i]

I have flown Takoons for the past year or so now and have always enjoyed them. The Nova takes this enjoyment to another whole level. I reckon this is a huge step forward.

standing ovation
Medium Poster

Postby standing ovation » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:14 pm

hmm....
ok - cool review
15knots max and you felt "completely safe at all times" on a 12m kite?
wow

bru
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: FONE Mystic

Postby bru » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:46 pm

eeer yeah - the 12 on these type of kites is essentially equivalent to the pull on a 16 - but these are gusty conditions up and down ...

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:31 pm

fly it in 20k bru then let us know what its really like, i'm expecting good stuff.

Return to “Reviews”