Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
davo
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Turbo Launcher Review

Postby davo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:24 am

I've used the turbo launcher a number of times & am impressed by its simplicity. I pre rig at home & when the wind is up I can usually pump rig & go now about 5-10mins less now. I launch from a pebbly beach usually which snags lines, this product makes life a tad easier. Its great also I've found in self launching my 23.5 contra, no need for me to attempt to flip the kite to rig up, I attach the lines while the LE inflates then cart the whole thing to the launch area fold the tip with a bag on it & go.

Live2KITE
Frequent Poster

Postby Live2KITE » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:22 am

I agree completely.
When I visited Mark in Vancouver he was in the water in no time, while I was still unwinding lines (felt for ever, while he was already ripping)
Now we are fully using the Turbo Launcher and are big supporters of its functionality and safety offered.

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:54 pm

I just watched the videos on the Launcher and they look really good. What I can’t believe is they want $75 for 2 cents worth of plastic. If only they would lower the price to something reasonable. They would help stop injuries and sell a lot more and make more money. Kiters seemed to get screwed all the time on cost. Another company not using their brains from start to finish! Great product but please give us a break and you will sell a hell of a lot more Launchers.

sir slingshot
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sir slingshot » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:16 pm

i talked to tthe guy that like inveted it and he said its so expensive is because of the mold

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:09 pm

sir slingshot wrote:i talked to tthe guy that like inveted it and he said its so expensive is because of the mold
I believe the mold could be very costly. What I am saying is if they dropped the price the would sell so many more that it would be much more profitable for them and would make it safer for a lot more kiters.

Chris@sharkless
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Haven, Michigan

Postby Chris@sharkless » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:11 pm

We decided to offer them for free with the purchase of a complete kite.

Wetstuff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Assateague National Seashore, Maryland
Gear: Ozone WASP wind wing
Naish 8-0 Directional
Sand kart

Postby Wetstuff » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:24 pm

S&S: I cannot believe you continue to follow this guy like diaper rash?! Other people's corrections to your first comment about "2 cents worth of plastic" would have had most people headed for the shadows in embarassment, but you continue to repeat yourself. You sound like you really thought plastic products came from a pot on the stove...maybe still do.

I'm left with the impression you personally can't come up with the money, but you REALLY want one. Nothing else make any sense? If you are lacking simple clues of how much it cost to bring something to market - yu're sur-as-hell in no postition to be anybody's marketing advisor!

The guy has spent a Porsche pile of cash making something to 'help' all of us. Get off his case.

jim

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:41 pm

Wetstuff wrote:S&S: I cannot believe you continue to follow this guy like diaper rash?! Other people's corrections to your first comment about "2 cents worth of plastic" would have had most people headed for the shadows in embarassment, but you continue to repeat yourself. You sound like you really thought plastic products came from a pot on the stove...maybe still do.

I'm left with the impression you personally can't come up with the money, but you REALLY want one. Nothing else make any sense? If you are lacking simple clues of how much it cost to bring something to market - yu're sur-as-hell in no postition to be anybody's marketing advisor!

The guy has spent a Porsche pile of cash making something to 'help' all of us. Get off his case.

jim
What I am saying is I haven't seen one yet because 95% of the kiters won't pay $75 for the thing. You spent alot on the mold its over-- lower the price sell them like hot cakes and make some money!!!

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windshreder » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:47 pm

Sea&Sun wrote:I just watched the videos on the Launcher and they look really good. What I can’t believe is they want $75 for 2 cents worth of plastic. If only they would lower the price to something reasonable. They would help stop injuries and sell a lot more and make more money. Kiters seemed to get screwed all the time on cost. Another company not using their brains from start to finish! Great product but please give us a break and you will sell a hell of a lot more Launchers.
Mabye it will make your kiting experience $100 easier and you will be $25 ahead?

Sea&Sun
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Sea&Sun » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:56 pm

windshreder wrote:
Sea&Sun wrote:I just watched the videos on the Launcher and they look really good. What I can’t believe is they want $75 for 2 cents worth of plastic. If only they would lower the price to something reasonable. They would help stop injuries and sell a lot more and make more money. Kiters seemed to get screwed all the time on cost. Another company not using their brains from start to finish! Great product but please give us a break and you will sell a hell of a lot more Launchers.
Mabye it will make your kiting experience $100 easier and you will be $25 ahead?
Over 80 kiters here still haven't seen a launcher :roll: :roll:

Return to “Reviews”