*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:47 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 9:21 am
Posts: 128
Well, looks like they might finally do it. Ban the 1/2 day lessons, I mean. I talked to some people in the know and they said they're working on poverty, world hunger, disease, infant mortality, drug addiction, and traffic in Yosemite National Park, but their going to take a closer look at 1/2-day kitesurfing lessons, pronto!


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:40 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Posts: 737
selah wrote:
Well, looks like they might finally do it. Ban the 1/2 day lessons, I mean. I talked to some people in the know and they said they're working on poverty, world hunger, disease, infant mortality, drug addiction, and traffic in Yosemite National Park, but their going to take a closer look at 1/2-day kitesurfing lessons, pronto!


You don't know anyone working on poverty, world hunger, disease, infant mortality, drug addiction, and traffic in Yosemite National Park. All of these things are of much greater value except for the traffic issue, but in life when you know something is wrong and you can make a change, you have to do it. These lesson claiming you can learn the sport in have a day get people in trouble and bring the wrong kind into the sport. Please look for some other post to make smart ass remarks.:arse:


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:41 pm 
Regards,

I think it's no suprise there are those who'd be disingenuous in exchange for some easy money, what's new?

What I find truly disturbing is that there seems to be industry support for these self appointed sanctioning bodies that indorse the unscrupled in exchange for what amounts to a mere cash consideration.

It seems our Safety concern actually has spawned the most unsavory of characters into positions where they make the claims and have no accountability to anyone...


Save perhaps you and I, Sea&Sun.

(it's a user forum, speak up if you can take a stand)

So Mr. IKO wtf you got to say?

Eh? You sanction this school.

WHY???


I'm listening...

We got the goods on you,,,pony up ya Mofos...

Explain to me why you should be allowed to get away with this crap.

Why exactly should we not be looking over your shoulder?

Are you accountable?

If so,

Let's hear it.

Thanks for your reply

fokiten



.


Top
 Post subject: Unfair attack
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:42 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 6:01 am
Posts: 31
Location: Boat Hardour
Hey Fo it seems pretty unfair to me that you can rip apart a written advert from the other side of the world without having seen a lesson conducted by Kitepower in person.
If you had seen a lesson conducted by Steve or his staff you would definately have a different opinion.
At least unlike other shops he does not sell gear to inexperienced kiters .

If you could see the number of newbies turning up here and endangering themselves and others after having bought gear off Ebay and launching large kites out of control upwind from rock groynes then I think you would change your opinion about structured lessons.
I hate to think what our summer will be like.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: Unfair attack
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:52 am 
Ricardo wrote:
Hey Fo it seems pretty unfair to me that you can rip apart a written advert from the other side of the world without having seen a lesson conducted by Kitepower in person.
If you had seen a lesson conducted by Steve or his staff you would definately have a different opinion.
At least unlike other shops he does not sell gear to inexperienced kiters .

If you could see the number of newbies turning up here and endangering themselves and others after having bought gear off Ebay and launching large kites out of control upwind from rock groynes then I think you would change your opinion about structured lessons.
I hate to think what our summer will be like.


Ricardo,,

Thanks for your comment, I am addressing the advert, the IKO etc. because that's all that's availible to us hear on this forum.

If his ad were not his ad I'd be addressing someone else.

If his ad were sanctioned by some other body I'd be address this other body.

The ad is what it is,,,the IKO seems to sanction it, What more can I say?


If he were to re-word it, I'd have no case, no quarrle...

What do you suggest?

I'd like to get this sorted, so I can discuss something else

Thanks for your post
fo


Top
 Post subject: Re: Unfair attack
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:59 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 2707
Location: Retailer/distributor
Ricardo wrote:
Hey Fo it seems pretty unfair to me that you can rip apart a written advert from the other side of the world without having seen a lesson conducted by Kitepower in person.
If you had seen a lesson conducted by Steve or his staff you would definately have a different opinion.
At least unlike other shops he does not sell gear to inexperienced kiters .

If you could see the number of newbies turning up here and endangering themselves and others after having bought gear off Ebay and launching large kites out of control upwind from rock groynes then I think you would change your opinion about structured lessons.
I hate to think what our summer will be like.


G'day Ricardo

Thanks for the support, means a lot to me. My advice though is ignore this revenge seeking, spiteful, got nothin to offer, loser.

When he stops selling out, he might get some tiny bit of cred and the amusement he was once good for, back again.

In the meantime all he offers is useless posts, aimed solely at "trying" to discredit Kitepower, because I have stood up to him.
Sea and Sun is an alias of his, he has others, including Honeypiddle, everyone loved it when he forgot who he was and posted as one alter ego while signed in as a completely different one!!!! :lol:

I have asked him dozens of times now to post his realistic, practical, workable kite lesson, where is it?

He ignores any request to put up, because he has nothin to offer.

All he is good for is negative, put down posts, never offering any solution, just name calling and foul language - and its getting boring fast.

His predictable response to being called out in one thread is to start other multiple threads on lessons designed solely to slag off at Kitepower. If no-one posts to these threads, guess what one of his aliases does.

He has nothing, other than an obsession mixed with paranoid delusions.
Useless
Nothing

Put up the detailed lesson plan or shut up! :thumb:

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:32 am 
Sure,,

The idea should be to assit the riider until he can rig ride and fend for himself.

What else don't you know?
fo

PS, to Sea&Sun, SEE? what did I tell you,,,wink


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:47 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 2707
Location: Retailer/distributor
fokiten wrote:
Sure,,

The idea should be to assit the riider until he can rig ride and fend for himself.

What else don't you know?
fo

PS, to Sea&Sun, SEE? what did I tell you,,,wink


The defence rests its case

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack

Ps to Sea&Sun alias of Fokiten - Put up or shut up! :bye:


Top
Profile
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:50 am 
Clean up your act.

PLEASE

Thanks
fo

Once again,

The idea is too assit the rider until he CAN ride (leave the beach) not to cut him loose on the beach with no ZERO ridding skills.

To confirm that this later situation is exactly what is done by our little safe safe safe pimp, just click his link and see for yourself.

regards
fokiten


Top
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:05 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:00 am
Posts: 2707
Location: Retailer/distributor
fokiten wrote:
Clean up your act.

PLEASE

Thanks
fo

Once again,

The idea is too assit the rider until he CAN ride (leave the beach) not to cut him loose on the beach with no ZERO ridding skills.

To confirm that this later situation is exactly what is done by our little safe safe safe pimp, just click his link and see for yourself.

regards
fokiten


How about you clean up your pompous, arrogant, spiteful act?

Read the entire webpage, if you attention span can last that long.

But hey, lets hear your detailed lesson plan, the one where you teach someone who knows nothing about kites.
All the details, now, please.
Thanks.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve McCormack


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group