Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I'm Sold! (Airush Reactor 9m)

Postby 72kiteboarder » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:33 pm

I got to try the Arush Reactor 9m yesterday.
Whoa.... where to start. well the conditions were fairly perfect (19-22 with the occasional gust to 25)and I got to the Spot (wildcat park in Portland Tx) and started to rig my 04 lift pro 11.5 oops I got a flat strut. I didn't feel like going home (a whole 1.2 miles) to get my 03 Lift 9 so i just sat there for a few minutes sulking.
Well good friend (115 lb girl)comes in off the water and says what you waiting for? I told her my woes and she said, hey try my Reactor 9m.
Yeah right, she just came in on it and I weigh 200lbs and ride a 120cm HanaCrew Nemisis, but I said what the hell I guess I can go out and stroke it for a couple passes since I am allready dressed to go.
I launch the kite and I am not suprised that I feel almost no pull on the kite as I make my way into the water. I am starting to think this will be a "walk of shame session". I get into the water and dive the kite to take off and to my suprise I am going upwind with plenty of power. I could not believe that this kite was this good. the longer I flew the kite the better it seemed to fly.
The bar pressure needed to move the kite where you want it was very light and responded without the need to oversteer to correct. It is very stable and when you park it it will stay there until you want it to move. The kite jumps very well and has exceptional lift although the hangtime on the Lift is a little better than the reactor. this is not to say that you drop out of the sky it is just that it is made for a different style of riding. the reactor seems to be very well suited to powered moves like mobes and kite loops.
The Kite is very fast, but not too fast that you would think it was twitchy. And you get used to the quickness of the kite very fast due to the stability of the kite.

In short I knew I liked the reactor because I flew the 12m a couple weeks ago but now that I have tried the 9m I am hooked.

IMHO the reactor is the best Kite I have ever flown.

Joey
Last edited by 72kiteboarder on Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balloonboy
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: sandy
Style: Kook-style
Gear: Kite + bar + board

Postby Balloonboy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:13 pm

You don't hear that much from AR and their owners ("the silent minority").

I've never seen, let alone tried a HF but I wonder if the Reactor (which I have tried and own) with its very narrow leading edge is a poor man's HF. Or at least, the dacron pseudo-version.

We should have some (HF) here soon- looking forward to seeing how they compare- especially to the Reactor.

72kiteboarder
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby 72kiteboarder » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:22 am

2005 Airush Super Summer Blowout Sale!!!

All Airush kites are currently 45% OFF.

ph: 361-883-1473

info@prokitesurf.com

http://www.prokitesurf.com
Last edited by 72kiteboarder on Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:41 pm

i like that line, "because of our continuing support of quality manufacturers....."

good deals though.

Return to “Reviews”