Kitesurfing in the Algarve, Portugal

Forum for kitesurfers
Pete
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:43 pm

Hi,

I am off to Portugal on holiday in May. I am staying in Albufeira (30 minutes from Faro airport).

Does anyone have any info, on beaches to go to or what the conditions are like ?

Your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks .. Pete.

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby murdoc » Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:35 pm

well, it's been a while ... but the coastline's not too good. especially for unexerienced riders.

most of the beaches are very very small

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:55 pm

HI ,

I've been there a few weeks a go, in Faro you can kiteboard on the lagoon or at sea. Mostly the wind is offshore there so the local guys there are all on the lagoon. It's verry small and crowded.
But if you drive 20 km past Faro direction Albufera, you can go to the beach at Villamoura richt side of the harbour, nice beach and nice waves. The wind is sideshore at that spot. No crowds there.

Greetings,

Roy

http://www.kiteboard.be

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:52 am

hi i m from Algarve, by may we have nice wind ,(11.8 Air blast) and there is some people here just next to albufeira , you will enjoy it.

tchau
João

Pete
Rare Poster

Postby Pete » Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:46 pm

Thanks for your replies.

A message for Joao, what beaches are good near Albufeira, and can you buy kitesurfing equipment anywhere (just in case I break anything) ?

Regards .. Pete.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:00 am

near albufeira you have abeach call falésia , but we ride in liha de faro ,just next to the airport.
there is no material normal the people go tarifa ,but evryone have nicematerila and spares ..no problem

tchau
joão

Pete
Rare Poster

Postby Pete » Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:47 am

Joao,

"Obrigado" for your reply.

I look forward to it.

Pete.

Return to “Kitesurfing”