Forum for kitesurfers
bokdoos
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Liquid Force kites in Sports Chalet????

Postby bokdoos » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:09 am

I saw something really scary the other day. I walked into a Sports Chalet (large non-specific sporting goods store) and there was a LF kite on display with a couple of boards. The sales guy didn't seem to know shit about the sport and he only suggested lessons after I pushed him on the issue. I got the distinct impression that he would have just let me walk out the door with the 20m "begginers package" if I had simply pulled out my credit card. This seems like a really irresponsible decision by LF to let a major chain just unload kites to anyone who walks in the door. At least with a kite shop you can expect that the sales guy would be at least a little educated on the sport and it's safety issues.

sidestancesports
Rare Poster

Postby sidestancesports » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:46 am

Isnt the internet worse? Oder online with no lessons?

Liquid Force are know in Australia for allowing any mo fo sell their shit

bokdoos
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby bokdoos » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:05 am

Thats true but it seems worse when some clueless sales guy is talking you into buying the stuff. At least many of the internet sites have disclaimers and warnings.

Return to “Kitesurfing”