RORYB1
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I live in Zakynthos Greece

Postby RORYB1 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:52 pm

I live in Zakynthos Greece...
Is there anyone else who practises kitesurfing in the vicinity, if so would it be possible to contact me.
Thanks.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:31 am

it would be great if you can upload some kite beaches on http://www.kitebeaches.com
This way maybe you get some riders to your ebaches to kite together!

Greets
Toby

RORYB1
Medium Poster

Postby RORYB1 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:50 pm

thanks Toby, will definately try that option.

EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby EdDy_DiFfUsIvItY » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:14 am

Rory - only other kiter I heared of in Zakynthos was living in Italy and only coming for summers...I'll try and dig out his details.

What are the conditions like there ? I know the beaches are wonderful.

Regds.

ron.

ANGELO_LEFKAS
Rare Poster

Postby ANGELO_LEFKAS » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:30 pm

Roby,
How are the conditions in zakynthos? i live in lefkada. Maybe i was thinking of coming there for a wekk but i don't know the conditions there. Steile moy e mail sto angelo_lefkas@yahoo.gr

Chriskef
Medium Poster

Postby Chriskef » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:59 pm

Hi,

I live one island up from you - Kefalonia. Me and a couple of others are keen kitesurfers and get out 2 or 3 times a week in the bay up from Argostoli. 17m weather in the summer for us (90kgs) and not a sole on the water, except for a few fishing boats. Safe and sandy launches too. How is it in Zante? Many launches? I know it gets very windy at Club Peligoni (in the north I think). Could be worth a look - they operate sailing and windsurfing. I've had mates who've worked there and its supposed to be pretty good wind.

Check it out here if you're ever over. Send us a mail.

Best,

Chris

RORYB1
Medium Poster

Postby RORYB1 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:37 pm

tahnks guys, the weather in zakynthos is pretty good for kitesurfing , the wind on the west coast is slightly stronger and more consistent on the west coast but unfortunately the beaches are fewer and further between as it is a pretty "cliffy" coastline.
The beaches on the east coast and in the south are fairly sandy , especially in the south. I live in Tsilivi which although being a slightly small beach it is brilliant for safe water launching as it is pretty shallow (waist high) 50-60 m out and then it is pretty easy to work your way out in to the sea, the only problem is that being high season, the beaches are pretty full and you definately need assistance during the day to get up so as to avoid potential accidents. I work all day and on ideal days get out at about 8pm and go for about an hour or two.(Not really ideal as it limits my learning time) The wind varies but on most days it picks up at around 4 o clock till 9 so there is a window, but we are blessed with quite a few windy days when the wind averages at 12 to 20mph, which is ideal if you know what you are doing. Hope this helps you all and tehn in turn hopefully help me as well. Thanks again for yor responses.
Rory

Petro9
Frequent Poster

Postby Petro9 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:15 pm

Hey guys,

Quick question to those of you in Greece....
I am going to be out there( may be Paros, but looking at Zakynthos as well or other islands) in mid-september, trying to get the best opinion as to taking my gear or not. Does the wind pretty much shut down that time of the year?
THANKS! :D

Live2KITE
Frequent Poster

Postby Live2KITE » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:59 pm

Petro9 wrote:Hey guys,

Quick question to those of you in Greece....
I am going to be out there( may be Paros, but looking at Zakynthos as well or other islands) in mid-september, trying to get the best opinion as to taking my gear or not. Does the wind pretty much shut down that time of the year?
THANKS! :D
Petro,
Do your fiance a favor this time and don't carry your gear with you.
You got plenty wind in the Bay Area. You will score good points.

Or - you can come with us to Santorini end of Sept.

Evan - Live2KITE
(415) 722-7884
http://www.live2kite.com
[RRD, Caution, Liquid Force, Globerider, Underground, Hana Crew, Cabal Skimboards, Litewave Design, NSI, Protec, Capix, SR, Aquapac, Okespor, Gul, Q-Lines, Rainbow, Seaspecs, Aquashade, UltraNectar, Bump'n'Jump]

fal
Medium Poster

Postby fal » Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:40 am

Or - you can come with us to Santorini end of Sept.

Evan - Live2KITE
(415) 722-7884
http://www.live2kite.com
[RRD, Caution, Liquid Force, Globerider, Underground, Hana Crew, Cabal Skimboards, Litewave Design, NSI, Protec, Capix, SR, Aquapac, Okespor, Gul, Q-Lines, Rainbow, Seaspecs, Aquashade, UltraNectar, Bump'n'Jump][/quote]

santorini 4 kite??
r u sure ???

Return to “Kitesurfing”