Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
bangor
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need Help with Board Selection

Postby bangor » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:46 pm

Folks,

Need some help selecting a board? A little back ground on myself, I am 185lb and 5'9"(not unlike the shape of potato). Have two boards’ large pickle fork (how embarrassing) and an airush fusion. Fusion is awesome but a little hard to stay upwind in lighter 16m days. I kite in choppy water and flat and would like an all round board for most conditions. Something to use from 18m to 10m sort of stuff (12knots to 25 knots) that I can start to throw airs on. I have been looking at the Hana Crew Genesis 2 and the Liquid Drop 136. My location does not lend itself well to demos, as there are only 3 kiters in the area including myself. I feel my progression has slowed down because I don't have he right board.

Cost aside, does anyone have any advice?

Thank you very much.
Bangor.

bay surfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The Dam Beach
Favorite Beaches: Lake Michigan Beaches, OBX
Gear: Airush, Switch, Pansh, Kites, LF boards, Home Brewed Foils and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby bay surfer » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:12 pm

Why buy, when you can make your own. Buy some .5 inch AC ply, make a door 160 to 180 cm X 50cm or about, no fins, you will be riding when your friends are sitting, and the damn things are so much fun to ride compared to production big boards. You can also make windows 124cm by 40cm but you mite want some fins.
Or;
make a fancy wood, or glass board, you have the most expensive parts fins and straps and pads from the pickle fork.

Bottom line nobody cares what you ride, except if your rippin and they are sittin,

Return to “Gear Builders”