Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Crossbow vs Nova, my 2 cts.

Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
flying doctor
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby flying doctor » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:57 am

@Velns: I believe it was the production model I tested.. and I think windspeed will be a big factor: more wind=more pull so the stopper will release sooner. Both kites are just the beginning of a new way of kiting so we'll probably see endless refinements in the near future. The sensible thing to do is wait till all brands have sorted it out, the techniques have improved and the prices have dropped.. but I'm being insensible anyway and buying crossbows now! Looking forward to the fall and winter depressions to bring some decent waves our way!

@windshreder: Holland? You gotta love it!

FD

velns
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby velns » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:51 pm

yeah, my comment on the velcro stopper was pretty premature.. at larger winds it does not seem to do the function, unless you place bar gently against the velcro before unspinning it.

actually i had to spend an hour before getting used to the kite.. it is strange to place kite at the edge of window, pull the bar and start riding. gaining speed and cutting upwind very good. had some problems with slowing down with the conventional method, though. for the first time i felt that 138*39 board is a bit large :lol:

i assume that this design of kite will be a revolution for waveriding, since it seems to open up lot of possibilities, that i was not able to get from the classic 4liner. but for other directions of kiteboarding i don`t see this work better than the 4liners.

and ofcourse for people, that love tehnology packed kites. like flysurfers.. safer, more efficient etc, but not too popular after all

riding onehanded didn`t seem a large problem, since the bar pressure is really light. lighter than anything before actually. i spent more than 1.5 hours without using the stopper most of the time, and tieredness was not the reason i came ashore.. it became dark

i do agree, that the second edition of this design should be a lot better

flying doctor
Frequent Poster

Postby flying doctor » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:00 am

You nailed it... A small step for kiting in general, a giant step for safety and waveriding. Too bad the marketing makes me want one now rather than next year because that would be a lot wiser..
On the other hand I got a pretty good deal at a local shop with a good trade in for my ´03 kites, so I´m happy to be an early adapter this year..

FD

Return to “Reviews”