Forum Assholes

Forum for kitesurfers
Hampton
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Forum Assholes

Postby Hampton » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:00 pm

Are you the same person here as you are on the beach?

I think it would be an interesting study to determine how people's personalities change when they're typing on line as compared to meeting face to face. I find that if you think of each and every one of the other posters on forums as being people, in person, at a social setting such as a cocktail party, frat party, or rave, them your true personality tends to shine through.

Personally, I think a lot of the most abusive personalities on line are small, weak, geaky looking people with small dicks. They were always the last selected in sports line-ups and never invited anywhere. Here, they are as big as they can type. The nice person inside comes out.

Tom183
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Tom183 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:52 pm

First of all, this isn't a rave or (god help us) a frat party, so most of us are typing stone-cold sober...

Second, nobody is the same in person - even talking to someone on the phone they're not quite the same as when you're in the same room.

Third, not everyone is an nice person all the time - I tend to respond in kind, not a good habit I'll admit, but when I'm pushed I tend to push back even harder.

Fourth, if you spend any significant amount of time on a kite forum, you're an addict. Addicts tend to be fairly passionate about their addictions.

Fifth, if you're on the forum then you're obviously not kiting, either because you're stuck at work or the weather sucks - that's not likely to bring out the "warm fuzzy" in anyone.

Last, I could give a shit about polical correctness - it's not free speech if you have to water it down so nobody is offended.

Hampton
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hampton » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:11 am

Dude, not you!

I meant in general. And here I am, in F.....s paradise.

Return to “Kitesurfing”