Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

dakine fusion

Forum for kitesurfers
lorenzosea
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lorenzosea » Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:41 pm

What do you think about the dakine fusion harness?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:51 pm

I just bought the Fusion seat and it is perfect for me. The 2002 has stronger seams than the 2001.
It has everything you require. It gives you great support for your back.

I heard about the Prolimit, which shopuld be good as well, but couldn't test it yet.

But the Fusion is a good choice.

lorenzosea
Rare Poster

Postby lorenzosea » Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:14 pm

thanks toby, another question :
do you know what are the difference between the 2001 and 2002 models?
Because my surfshop want to sell me one with a little knife, is it the 2002 models?
Thanks

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:39 pm

My 2001 fusion harness is all black. I think the 2002 have 2 or 3 colors combined, like grey and black, etc.
Andres

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:52 pm

correct, the 2001 is all black.

The 2002 is black and gray and all covers for the adjuster are red.
So if you don't see any red, it is 2001.
The 2002 has a little knife as well. Just like a belt knife you can find in cars.

PMad
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby PMad » Sat Mar 30, 2002 3:41 am

I also have a 2001 fusion (w/knife). *Very* nice stuff, easy to get in/out, practical handle on the back if you need someone to hold you on dry land and, mostly, great support for your back.

Cheers,
j.

Grant
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Secret spots along the south coast of Puerto Rico, Kitebeach Cabarete
Style: Off the charts!
Gear: hocked it on e-bay! I think my next kite will definitely be something from EH.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Grant » Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:07 am

If anyone is interested I found an ad for brand new DaKine fusion harnesses in the kiteboarding section of the Iwindsurf.com classified's section.

The only sizes available were small and xtra large. They were priced at $95.00 U.S.

After e-mailing the poster of the classified I learned they were available because they were an overstocked item from there internet based business.(I'll attemtp to paste a link below) I would assume that these are 2001 models. Also I would obviously imagine that this is your classic "while supplies last" scenario.

Also worth noting is that at the internet site of the person placing the ads, the harnesses were sale priced at $115.00 USD. In additon my local shop retails the same harness for $149.00 and makes no mention of which year model it is. I'm making a guess based on information gathered here that it is also a 2001 due to the fact that it lacks the red detail as described in earlier posts.

I like maybe some of you have done an exhaustive ammount of searching or researching as the case may be on the internet regarding kitesurfing gear. I do this mostly for a point of reference.

Having said that I grabbed one of these harnesses as I thought it was a good deal as well as a good value.

If anyone is interested I will post a follow up regarding my overall experience ordering this over the internet from this company. I'll include all the important details including total price, shipping etc. as well as delivery time.

So far I can report that my correspondance via e-mail with this online retailer has been exceptional. This includes all the dumb questions as well as the online ordering processs. So far I get a really good vibe from these people.

I'll keep you posted...

This link is kind of long I hope it works. This is the original ad I found at Iwindsurf.com:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/buysell/classi ... =retrieval

This is the actual website:
http://offdalip.com/

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:36 am

the price is ok.
The 2002 model has been improved with stronger seams, but the rest is almost the same as the 2001 model.

Return to “Kitesurfing”