Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Madagascar, Sakalava bay

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
windprayer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: I'm kiting on lakes in switzerland
Favorite Beaches: still on my search....
Style: waves
Gear: Takoon Furia LTD 7, 9, 13 and Soul 5
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Madagascar, Sakalava bay

Postby windprayer » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:24 am

Dear all

Finaly we found a way to bring our Kite equipment to Madagascar. Not cheep at all!!!

Now we are very much interested to find more Information about Kitespots near Diego Suarez and Sakalava Bay in the north of Madagascar. Looking for butter flat water as well as nice wave spots. Information where to rent a boat, what Islands are interesting for kite, general tips...

Your help is very much apriciated becouse it's not easy go get some info out of the web about madagascar.

wish you all lot's of fun!
Andy

jakobjth
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Madagascar, Sakalava bay

Postby jakobjth » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:55 am

windprayer wrote:Dear all

Finaly we found a way to bring our Kite equipment to Madagascar. Not cheep at all!!!

Now we are very much interested to find more Information about Kitespots near Diego Suarez and Sakalava Bay in the north of Madagascar. Looking for butter flat water as well as nice wave spots. Information where to rent a boat, what Islands are interesting for kite, general tips...

Your help is very much apriciated becouse it's not easy go get some info out of the web about madagascar.

wish you all lot's of fun!
Andy
Hi Andy!

I was in Diego Suarez 11 years ago.
The closest beach is Ramona. It's a big lagoon around 10-15min taxi from the center. The beach is beautifull and it shouldn't be any problems for launch. I don't know about wind conditions but I guess there should be thermals at this latitude...
If you want to go to the east cost you have for about half an hour more in a jeep (road was difficult when I was where) ... you'll find a wave break and behind water is more flat.
West coast is further away. Around 1-1.5 hour. Once again you should found launchable beaches...
Well I don't know if this helps... it was a long time ago. But I'm sure that the locals will help you, there're very friendly!
I think I got some photos of these places so let me know if you're interested and I can email them to you...
And you could also try a post on foilzone.com , I think the boom kite team was there a year ago...

Jakob

Return to “Travel”