Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best - What does everyone have against them???

Forum for kitesurfers
jaapd
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby jaapd » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:31 pm

Daveo wrote:well,

Would have guessed just standing up and giving my 2 cents would result in insults from at least someone....hmm stoner.....

May be one of these people affiliated with some other brand.....if not oh well...get the dick out of your ass buddy.
how articulate...
Daveo wrote:All I was saying is that ay half the guys here are probly not in the position to make any comments about Best....and yeah the HF was on RECALL but back out there....so i've been told ...where do you get you info?
How about the Best website: Currently not in stock.
Where do you get your info?

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster

Postby piedroporto » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:41 pm

BEST's marketing is not to trust... that is for sure!!! but...

Best's prices are AMAZING and BEST's kites RULE...and BEST's costumer service is 100% reliable... do i need to bother with anything else? no! that's why i ride best and i love it :thumb:
i don't give a F#CK about the marketing... the Yarga's are top kites and make me enjoy kitesurfing everyday! that's what really matters to me!

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:48 pm

daveo...i'll give you a straight up answer from someone who is qualified to answer.

it all boils down to trust and credibility.

i am a best dealer...take that back...was a best dealer until this year. i guess i still am one, but don't sell their kites anymore. This is my decision.

i own a kiteschool and had best kites from last year. during the 2004 season, best sold used and demo kites for $250. being a dealer, my actual cost of my school kites that i still had from best was a lot more than $250. so i called and asked if they can help out. the answer was no...they said that we only have a few quivers to sell, that's it. i knew better though because a few quivers were sold in my area alone and most of the kites sold as used or demo were actually brand new. my guess is they bought a ton of off color kites and sold them under the pretense of used/demo. so the value of all my kites plummeted due to the $250 dumping of kites on the market.

strike one.

so even before the hf came to market, i decided to not purchase best kites for 2005.

Strike 2 is the hf intro to market. best asked dealers to prebuy 20 HF kites when they were first introduced. prebuy? in business, 99% of the time you pay on delivery of the product. the hype machine was so strong that it threw up major red flags for me right away. to be honest though, i never thought it would fail quite this bad, but you can't rush to market an unproven product. the consumers are too smart.

the biggest problem i had was the relentless attacks on others who had valid questions about the hf. turns out, most of the questions asked turned out to be true. the only person who seems to be objective is dax. anyone who didn't get on the bandwagon was called a basher. no...most of those people are smart consumers who could tell what was really going on. hmmm.

strike 2

Strike 3: dunmore do sole...however you spell it???

this is another venture from mr alex from best. the original web site and marketing made it sound like it was a dedicated kitesurfing location already in operation in brazil. the place sounded sweet. come to find out, the place isn't even close to operational. alex promoted the piss out of it...just like the hf...and it's not even complete. this was a total misrepresentation of the facts and deception at it's finest.

so it's easy to see how trust and credibility is totally lost. to be honest, i won't touch the gear with a ten foot pole anymore until they reorganize the powers to be. harsh words...yes. deserving...yes.

i happen to be a sales manager and partner in a plastics manufacturing company and we would never in our wildest dreams approach marketing and sales the same way alex and his band of internet chearleaders approach sales and marketing.

truth in advertising is a lost art.

yea, all companies stretch the boundaries, but at least most stay on the field.

nuff said.

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster

Postby piedroporto » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:55 pm

well said about the marketing... HF and dunmore where real bad calls... complete non-sense marketing, you can never speak of what you don't have... hellfish was just hell, and dunmore hasn't seen the light of day.

that apart, i still ride the Yarga's and will continue to if the quality remains the same! definitly amazing kites!

5thliner
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Hookipa
Style: Big Air
Gear: EH kiteboarding 100%
Brand Affiliation: EH Kiteboarding

Re: smells suspiciously like a Best forum professional

Postby 5thliner » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:08 pm

SID wrote:....oh I just forgot you don't know how to make kites....sorry :lol: :lol:

SID
Well all the Peter designs that he made after him leaving like teh Hellfish and new yargas obviously failed, and if your claim that Eric does not know how to design kites,

THEN WHO WAS DESIGNING THE KITES AT EH…..

Anyway, the crew in Cabarete has revamped an old website.

Check out http://www.cabreteairforce.comfor all the stuff that is happening at EH Cabarete, they and their guests seem to have a lot of fun.

BS
Attachments
Downwintrips.jpg
Downwintrips.jpg (47.24 KiB) Viewed 1989 times

Dax
Very Frequent Poster

Re: smells suspiciously like a Best forum professional

Postby Dax » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:26 pm

5thliner wrote:Well all the Peter designs that he made after him leaving like teh Hellfish and new yargas obviously failed, and if your claim that Eric does not know how to design kites,

THEN WHO WAS DESIGNING THE KITES AT EH…..
Uh Peter was, wasn't he?

What's this the 05 Yarga failed? That's bullshit, the 05 Yarga is an awesome kite, a good step up from last year's Yarga. I think its the best 5th line based kite out there, and I have tried Naish, North, and Wipika.

The HF was a flop... hopefully they can fix what's wrong with it because cuben fiber has some amazing properties. Zero stretch for one. When it was flying it flew without any distoring, looked more stable than any kite I had seen, flew super fast through the window, and turned very fast... The backstall issue and floppy LE on relaunch are the two problems with it that keep it from being a good all around kite. Neither seems like something that couldn't be fixed. We'll see...

TB - sounds like you had a bad experience... I think Best is a very disorganized company still. But they are also still very young (not even two years old yet.) While they are just getting their feet under them, most companies out there are operating with a lot more experieince under their belt.

Hopefully they can turn things around... why do I hope so? Because it'd be a damn crying shame if the average kite prices stay above $1000. I'd really like to see more young people in this sport and it simply can't happen if we don't get things cheaper.

It's something the industry has been promising would happen for years and so far BEST are the only ones to deliver. :thumb:

SID
Medium Poster

Postby SID » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:32 pm

And Eric Hertsen brings his boys and his flag :lol: :lol:

You are so funny

SID

SID
Medium Poster

Postby SID » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:43 pm

Yes Peter designed all the EH kites.

Thats a fact and everyone knows it. But for Eric it just it does'nt look good the other way does it Eric?

How did you get all the people that bought your kite on the same picture?

At least you sold 9 kites then. Good for you.

:lol: :lol:

SID

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:49 pm

Well,Davo, has your naive question been answered yet ?

Its not a good idea to even bring the subject up. Too many people are still angry!

klecko
Rare Poster

hilarious

Postby klecko » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:22 pm

If I was new to this site I would would have to laugh at all the mindless bickering that goes on here. Now I just come for a good laugh to see you fools waste your time with "clever" banter. It's great keep it up. Idiots :thumb: [/img]

Return to “Kitesurfing”