Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

BEST has been sold.... (rumour or reality)

Forum for kitesurfers
fokiten
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fokiten » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:50 am

Phillipp wrote: I was pissed off as an idividual and am not afraid to make that pretty clear.
We get it,,, just stop being a bitch,, please??
Phillipp wrote: The HF f*** up left me without kites for 5 weeks. I missed some really good sessions and sold my old gear very cheap.
I assure you nobody,,, I mean nobody gives a f*** about what you did or didn't do,,,OK?
Phillipp wrote: The only reason why you're seeing more of my posts right now is that I've broken my foot and can't kite for another 4 weeks.
Take some hormones along with your vegemite, it couldn't hurt now could it??

Phillipp wrote: What I don't get is why certain people keep defending BEST as if there was no f*** up. What is the problem in admitting the HF was a disaster (or in marketing language: "not as successful as expected") and than move on????
Please,,,,slow down, take a breath,, >> then<< move on (wink)
Phillipp wrote: I've moved on already and am looking foward to ride again, but I won't tolerate posts that try to hide the f*** up that the HF was.
No you haven't you're a whiny, snivelling little bitch today, please,,, I implore you give it a rest...

Thanks for your kind attention, and get well soon
Regards
fokiten

stoner
Medium Poster

Postby stoner » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:53 am

Looks like restructuring to break "founders syndrome" :lol: WTG gumball :thumb:

Don't the job titles tell us something?

Alex Shogren - Founder & Chairman
Ian Huschle - President & CEO

Combined president & CEO roles suggests the new guy is directing day to day as well as long term operations. Chairman might usually have major stake with president as second in charge but CEO/president combo could suggest ownership is divided. Ambiguous as to who's on top but you can't expect a guy like Huschle to become involved without major investment & stake in ownership.

Given the best role split an investor may get the impression that the chairman has been pushed out and is now playing a token role... which may be what gumball wants - back into semi-retirement... which may also suggest gumball is still loaded, in which case he probably still owns a majority. Whoever the biggest money guy is, you can bet the new guy has given them a major financial boost. Game on.

Just idle speculation... who's to know the true machinations behind rich guys throwing around large sums of money? Not me, not even Stacey I presume...

Anyway, back to the real world >> We all read this yeah?

Shannon Best - Partner
Innovative - probably the best word to describe Shannon in business. His unique ability to think "outside the box" has lead to never before seen board & accessory design and will soon revolutionize the entire industry.

Can't wait for that. What could it be? Why has he been sitting on his innovative ideas for so long? Cuben fiber footstraps? Hydrofoils?... come on, give us some hype... quit holding out on us dude :D

Hey Anabatic_co_nz, yeah that any-publicity-is-good-publicity philosophy is working a treat for Hein, eh? :lol:

Harken: Best didn't do "all of us" a service. They made a rat's arse difference to the foil scene. Bailed on producing their own. Sould I mention the Flysurfer challenge...? ;)

hein
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby hein » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:55 am

Help, I'm on fire!

Someone put me out with a douche bag!

Wait, never mind, I can put myself out.

Yep, my new models are better than
the old ones. The Side Cut Concave
was indeed a break through. As were
the propietary Thin Fins. The recent
addition of double concave in the
tips was to enhance turning and cushion
those brutal kite low landings. A summer's
worth of riding have confirmed the results.
I'm ready to take orders for my winter
build schedule which I'll start right after
I get back from a month or so in SoTX.

CAD and CNC happen to provide an
ideal environment for rapid deliberate
evolution. It's OK though because I'll
give you a discount if you already bought
a board from me.

-Hein

P.S. Here's a question for Best's new
leader: What methods and design tools
does Shannon use to design and prototype
new boards? What is his background in
engineering and composites fabrication?

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:29 am

sq225917 wrote:philip, your kind of a negative guy really arent you, based in sidney, fresh log in and id, got it in the ass for best and anyone involved with them.....

if you've got it to offer, why don't you step up to plate and show people what a great hand you're holding........
Hey SQ, if you want to give me a call, feel free to ring me under my UK mobile. I'm happy to sent it to you. I find it pretty poor form implying that I'm not a genuine kiter that has had issues with Best.

At least I'm not saying I love Best and getting rid of all my BEST gear online (hoping that no one finds it out).

P :o :o :o :o :o :bye:

Larpy
Frequent Poster

Postby Larpy » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:39 am

Hein

You are such an arrogant f*** first you down Lee Brittain (of Rouge wave) and now you are hijacking a post? You can stick you cnc and Cad up your ass for all I care and pay Toby instead of sliming free advertising off his forum. You might be good with numbers but you sure suck at dealing with people

quote="hein"]Help, I'm on fire!

Someone put me out with a douche bag!

Wait, never mind, I can put myself out.

Yep, my new models are better than
the old ones. The Side Cut Concave
was indeed a break through. As were
the propietary Thin Fins. The recent
addition of double concave in the
tips was to enhance turning and cushion
those brutal kite low landings. A summer's
worth of riding have confirmed the results.
I'm ready to take orders for my winter
build schedule which I'll start right after
I get back from a month or so in SoTX.

CAD and CNC happen to provide an
ideal environment for rapid deliberate
evolution. It's OK though because I'll
give you a discount if you already bought
a board from me.

-Hein

P.S. Here's a question for Best's new
leader: What methods and design tools
does Shannon use to design and prototype
new boards? What is his background in
engineering and composites fabrication?[/quote]

Jason Fumoso
Rare Poster

Postby Jason Fumoso » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:04 am

Hein boards are not high quality and good performance. that is fact.

hein is a geekd asshat. that is a fact .

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster

Postby piedroporto » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:44 am

Hein, i had never heard of you or your boards, but with so many bad opinions about you and your products, GOD! :o your stuff must be really crappy :-?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:11 pm

hein: the guy that designs the layups of the boards to shannon specs, is an ex-forumla 1 composites engineer.

i'm guessing he knows what he does, must be good at it too cos he's not having to come on here and sling shit at other people, guess its not too busy at hein towers...

and phillip: everyone knows i've split form best and am clearing out my gear, hardly a secret......

oooh no must sell my gear quietly, so no one knows, f*** that shit. I'M SELLING UP, I'M MOVING ON, PAYING FOR MY OWN SHIT....taking a break and just going riding.

Phillipp
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Phillipp » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:17 pm

sq225917 wrote:

and phillip: everyone knows i've split form best and am clearing out my gear, hardly a secret......

oooh no must sell my gear quietly, so no one knows, f*** that shit. I'M SELLING UP, I'M MOVING ON, PAYING FOR MY OWN SHIT....taking a break and just going riding.
Well, if it's such great gear, why are you selling it. Even worse, you are having to buy your own gear like normal people do. What are you buying? I would hope that you're buying the new Best gear...

I would be very interested in your public communication of your next kite equipment selection....

P

chemosavi
Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East

Postby chemosavi » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:55 pm

Judging by the Hein board I own, his boards are very fine products and the man himself, from what little I know, is a quality gentleman.
He just got a little carried away promoting his new product.

If half the experts on this forum actually had to make something with their own hands and then try and sell it, they might understand a little better the emotions that go into it and be a little gentler when they start trashing something.

Return to “Kitesurfing”