Phil
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Famara
Gear: Naish Slash 2017 9m & 7m, Firewire Vader 5'3, HB Lafayette 5'10
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Phil » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:31 pm

Hmmm... Looks like you are loosing the fulldepower option with this mod!
Am I wrong?

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe

Wawando
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Portugal - Guincho; Rebel2012 5m, 9m & 2011 7m; Amundson 5'9&6'

Postby Wawando » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:53 pm

Phil wrote:Hmmm... Looks like you are loosing the fulldepower option with this mod!
Am I wrong?

Phil
Have Fun & Ride Safe
Hi,
Nope, you have full depower when bar is at the stopper.
It is the security "feature" that you loose. You have to activate it like in a normal kite.
In harcore conditions (big waves & strong wind) i prefer it like this for two reasons: rest arms, feel more secure untwisting the bar or rolling around in the waves and knowing the security will not work (read: kite park at the water) as soon as you release the bar.
But i ride in particular conditions. If i rode in a standard beach or lagoon or a flatter water place, i would not use anything.

See you!

BigSmelly
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BigSmelly » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:47 am

Yesterday we had epic conditions for us in Israel. 25 to 28 knots, with a few gusts of 30.

I was on the Nova 12, with Vegas 127 x 28 full carbon. I am 76kg.

My home made stopper worked like magic for about an hour, then came undone - I need to make it slightly tighter. After that I continued for another 2 hours alternating with a friend of mine. I must say, it is very easy getting used to not having the stopper, even after spins etc...

The kite stood up to these conditions perfectly. Ate the gusts like they weren't there, and at no time did I loose control, or do the downwind bounce spray bounce. I used most of the depower, but not all.

Jumping was insane! Using the waves (3 - 4 foot faces) as ramps on the way out I must have been up over 10 meters easy. Landings were a breeze, the kite really comes alive in stonrger wind, and is super responsive. Very easy to feel during jumps, and perfect for a loooooooot of air time.

On the beach side tacks, I was also managing jumps of close to 10 meters. Really huge. Loved the control too for transitions, no matter how high the jump.

The only downside is that we don't have enough wind like that!

fly62
Medium Poster

Postby fly62 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:27 pm

Return to “Reviews”