Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

distributors and retailers.

Forum for kitesurfers
peep
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby peep » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:01 pm

it seems to me that GRF isnt going to bite on this subject? maybe no one else is interested either, Bussiness is Bussiness and at a time where kite sales are down an mans got to make his pennies!! NICE GUYS FINISH LAST!! that i am afraid is the truth in this world, and if you aint got money you cant make money.
good luck in bringing GRF to his knees dont think it will happen.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:09 pm

i never for one minute expected that it would bring grf to his knees.

to be honest, who would really notice the difference anyway. :wink:

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:58 am

gf does talk alot, when most people have given up by then.... but he must know somthing about kites etc.......in theory hi opinon is just as valid unless he really does fly sling shot! :thumb:

siuol1
Rare Poster

Postby siuol1 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:23 am

I think in some our thread grf had said he was flying a nova or i may be I am wrong. Is he really the ss importer? One thing I would have to say in his defence is reading some of his previous threads the guy really does know what he is talking about when it comes to kites. Although he does tend to be a bit of a joker!!! We could do with a few more guys over our side of the water who know as much as he does. Maybe the ss guys should snap him up for the design team....aswell as there hype team!!

Airhead
Frequent Poster

Postby Airhead » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:11 pm

Slingshot, Dakine and Takoon importer. He has a lot of good brands.

siuol1
Rare Poster

Postby siuol1 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:33 pm

Does s2a sell takoon and dakine also? If so presumeably he offers to beat any price on those also.

GraemeF
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Weight: 70kg
Local Beach: Hythe Kent.
Dymchurch Kent
Greatstone Kent
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne Mauritius
Nyali Kenya
Style: Freeriding Ariel Lawnmower
Gear: Core
Brand Affiliation: Core & Sabfoil Distributor

Postby GraemeF » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:27 pm

peep wrote:it seems to me that GRF isnt going to bite on this subject?
To be honest I hadn't seen or heard any of this.

And no, no-one has actually put to me the direct question

"have you got anything to do with the business owned by Angelo Couchman trading under the name S2AS.com"

Not that its anyone's business if y'all pardon the pun, but as you can readily find out, every company is listed in the U.K. under companies house so directorships, commercial involvements are all there for all to see, so it would be pretty bloody stupid to deny it wouldn't y'all think.

So now since the business also trades in my building complex and pays rent to us, its further contributing to our profit base it also comes under the heading "pretty bloody obvious to anyone other than a stammering nice person" would you not think.

Importers dealing direct with consumers as in the Best model or similar distributor retailers have the benefit to reduce the price and thereby bring disrepute to their line or discourage other dealers holding that brand, but since S2AS purchase from us at the same price as every other retailer, that is not the case. In fact his aggressive pricing policy often distances him from our sales team because of the close connection, and very often his business is actually disadvantaged as a result.

Quite why I should have to explain this on a world forum because of a disgruntled ex employee of just about every kite company going I'm not sure.

But those are the facts. It also explains why every morning I have to look out of the window and watch a Cabrinha flag fluttering in the breeze, because the business is owned in the majority of its shares by one Angelo Couchman, and nothing I say or do will persuade him to sell anything other than that which he wishes, or rewards him most.

By assisting him to start, he has however taught over 300 people to kitesurf, people that have bought all sorts of brands and provided a service in a territory that otherwise had nothing but a dealer who thought selling Naish stubbies and Hi aspect kites to beginners whilst having no school or trained staff was o.k.

Surface to Air Sports has been trading three years now in difficult times and has a loyal customer base, I could be described as a sleeping financial supporter and thats it.

Pretty much every kite distributor in the U.K. has some close retail connection, do I need to list them?

And since when is it bad for customers to get a good deal from a shop?

It is in fact quite the contrary according to the law of our land to do anything that would force otherwise, just ask about retail price maintenance if you dont believe me..

Oh and get some therapy simon - you need help mate.

wakeboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby wakeboy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:45 pm

sounds pretty striaght to me....

Airhead
Frequent Poster

Postby Airhead » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:03 pm

GraemeF wrote:And no, no-one has actually put to me the direct question

"have you got anything to do with the business owned by Angelo Couchman trading under the name S2AS.com"

the business is owned in the majority of its shares by one Angelo Couchman
Didnt know Angelo dressed up at the weekend and went under the name of Susan, and being asked is one thing but denying involvement is another thing altogether you dont need to be asked directly to deny

Anyway what does this info mean ?? sweet FA apart from maybe to the people who have put some trust in you but why does that matter ?

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:54 pm

G thanks for your concern for my personal mental well being.....

but the phrase you actually used was along the lines of "if i had 'anything' to do with surface to air, there wouldnt be any bloody cabrinha flag out the front of the shop and certainly none on the shelves"..

funny how there is a flag, and you're a director...

but don't worry G, all your dealers still trust you to tell them it you were pushing kit to your shop at discount to put them out of business.....

have you got rid of those 10 nova that oceanside returned to you yet?

Return to “Kitesurfing”