Forum for travel reports and travel questions
shastadogs2
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

cabarete versus cozumel in march

Postby shastadogs2 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:21 pm

heya,
for those who have visited both places, could you compare cabarete versus cozumel for the best bet for early March: wind consistency, launches, best overall kiting/vacation experience, etc.
thanks
jimbo

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
Style: Waveriding
Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:58 pm

Hi,

Saw that nobody replied to your post, yet. I didn't because I never was in Cozumel. But since nobody reacted yet, I can at least tell you something about Cabarete. Definitely a great place to go. Great for kiting; normally March is good. Not every day the same strong wind as in summertime, but still very good. Just bring a few different sizes and you'll be okay. Lots of space to lounch and land at Kitebeach. Wind is also very stable there. You have flat water in the beginning and waves further on the water. Great combination!
And Cabarete is a really nice place to be. Great nightlife, many nice restaurants, lots of kiters and surfers, good and relaxed admosphere (doesn't matter what you do, where you're from, how you look), friendly people and lots of things to do. Things like going to waterfalls, caves, rock climbing, surfing, snorkeling, horse back riding and the country is very beautiful to see.

If you're looking for a place to stay, we have rooms and apartments at Kitebeach and also apartments at Encuentro (wavespot). Just send me an e-mail to get more info; info@hookedcabarete.com. Check also our website: http://www.hookedcabarete.com.

Cheers,
Chantal

Daudbhai
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

How about April???

Postby Daudbhai » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:45 pm

Chantal, How are the winds for late April? I was looking at the summary of winds by location for April and Cabarete is not listed. Does that mean that April is usually a calm month?

Daud

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:57 pm

April is normally pretty good for the wind. For Cabarete the best months are June until September. But this means: every day windforce 6. From half December until June, the wind is normally great also, but not every day the same strong wind. At the moment and the last months, the wind has been great. I think at least 80% of the days, good wind. And normally it only gets better :D Just bring two (or more if you have) sizes of kites, and you'll be fine. Of course, there can be a day without wind (like every where), but there is so much to do around here..

BTW: we have a spring discount for Hooked Cabarete. For April and May we give a discount of 20% on the apartments. Check more info on our site, http://www.hookedcabarete.com or send me an e-mail; info@hookedcabarete.com.

cheers,
Chantal

Daudbhai
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

What's Pretty Good?

Postby Daudbhai » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:44 pm

Hooked Cabarete wrote:April is normally pretty good for the wind. For Cabarete the best months are June until September. But this means: every day windforce 6. From half December until June, the wind is normally great also, but not every day the same strong wind. At the moment and the last months, the wind has been great. I think at least 80% of the days, good wind. And normally it only gets better :D Just bring two (or more if you have) sizes of kites, and you'll be fine. Of course, there can be a day without wind (like every where), but there is so much to do around here..

BTW: we have a spring discount for Hooked Cabarete. For April and May we give a discount of 20% on the apartments. Check more info on our site, http://www.hookedcabarete.com or send me an e-mail; info@hookedcabarete.com.

cheers,
Chantal
4 out of 7 days a week?
5 out of 7 days a week?

What size kites does everyone usually use in April?

Daudbhai

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:52 pm

okay, we don't controll the weather here, but I think definitely 5 out of 7 days, more if you're lucky. My boyfriend uses 95% of the times a 12 and he is 85 kilo's. I'm 55 kilo's and I use most of the time an 8.

Return to “Travel”