Forum for travel reports and travel questions
nomadkiter
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mexico

Postby nomadkiter » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:41 pm

Hi, im planning a trip to Mexico mid december for about a month. Plan to stay in Holbox for a week over NY and travel the coast for the rest of the time. Is it worth checking out Veracruz, San Andres, Ciudad del Carmen or pprogreso for kiting, any information on those would be helpful. Also thinking about driving to Belize if the Gulf isnt an option. Can only find one place on kitebeaches.com, anyone know of any others.

thanks

shaman
Rare Poster

Mexico

Postby shaman » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to mexico at about the same time as you. I was also thinking of exploring the yucatan coast down to belize for some kite spots. The wind is supposed to be good. I'm planning on hitting holbox the first week, and just road tripping the second looking for sweet spots...going with my partner...so probably need to mix things up - not only kite :) we're still setting the dates and such, but it may be cool to join forces for the road trip if you are interested...

Holbox
Rare Poster

Postby Holbox » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:34 pm

Check out this hotel when you are in HOLBOX!!

http://www.Holboxcasalastortugas.com

Holbox is great for kitesurfing and there is a spot for every direction!

CU there!!

bronco12
Medium Poster

Belize

Postby bronco12 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:56 pm

I'd think twice about Belize, unless u have a lot of dinero to spend. U have to go to the Islands if u wanna do anything... everything attached to the mainland sucks! U should be able to find a sh*t load of kiting places along the Yucatan Peninsula.

Peace... in the middle east!

lutchi
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lutchi » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:17 pm

Tulum - México "Península do Yucatán" anything around here

nomadkiter
Rare Poster

Re: Mexico

Postby nomadkiter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:53 pm

Hey Shaman, yeah could be gtood to meet up along the way. I'm going with my girl and a good friend Lloyd who is mexican but lives in NY, we arrive in Cancun Dec 15th then we are renting a car and heading out, not sure where yet though, see where the wind takes us. Have you heard anything on holbox or other plces since the hurricane. Our tickets are booked so we are going for sure.... Let me know the times you are planning, see where we could meet.

shaman wrote:Hi,

I'm planning a trip to mexico at about the same time as you. I was also thinking of exploring the yucatan coast down to belize for some kite spots. The wind is supposed to be good. I'm planning on hitting holbox the first week, and just road tripping the second looking for sweet spots...going with my partner...so probably need to mix things up - not only kite :) we're still setting the dates and such, but it may be cool to join forces for the road trip if you are interested...
:P :P :P :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

nomadkiter
Rare Poster

How is Holbox??

Postby nomadkiter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:02 pm

Hi Holbox, strange that, I already have rooms booked for over the new year in that very place, just wondering now if the place is even standing. I've read about it a bit on the n et and it doesn't sound good. Is your name Mike, if so I've been speaking to francesca before wilma but can't haven't been able to get in touch with her since. Any news on holbox would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to still see you there!!
Holbox wrote:Check out this hotel when you are in HOLBOX!!

http://www.Holboxcasalastortugas.com

Holbox is great for kitesurfing and there is a spot for every direction!

CU there!!
:wink:

Return to “Travel”