Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

NEWS- Antarctic Crossing Attempt By Kiters.

Forum for kitesurfers
Djizasse
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Djizasse » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:41 am

The buggies are for sale after the trip is over.
They only weight 40Kg, and with a size like that, they should reach incredible speeds and remain stable. Just don't flip them over you :wink:
How much will they cost???

xid3d
Medium Poster

Postby xid3d » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:58 am

i don't know man, no leashes or helemts,

and why don't they use LEI s :smile:

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:10 pm

You'd be amaxzed at how little wind a buggy actually needs... on the right surface you do not need much wind at all. Hard sand would suffice..... I'm all for this greener world bizzo.. Where I live there is so much in the way of elements enargy (sun wind rain etc) that you just can't ignore it...

Kitin 4eva!!!

BLOWN AWAY

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Tue Dec 17, 2002 12:13 pm

The guys are kiting back from the pole after being flown out there and I can't help thinking how painful it will be for the traditional expeditions trekking their way in the opposite direction as they zoom past, heading home in comfort having a blast and looking proper sci-fi.

I know Brian and he told me the one-way 600 mile flight to drop them off at the pole with their kit was costing around £100 000 (GBP)!... thank feck for sponsors!.. Have a break!

Good shout for Advance too.. the guys tested a lot of different kites and the fact that they have entrusted their power to Advance in such extreme conditions says a lot for quality.

Return to “Kitesurfing”