All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

we don't hear much these days about the booster from Windtools.only saw it once at the beach and the guy had to swim back in because it won't restart. who said it is easy to build a good kite?......

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:20 pm 
Toby,
the booster restarts fine (6.4, 8.6 experience) just like any other tube kite BUT you have to have the trailing edge inflated. We move beginners to this kite (along with North Rhino and soon f-One, they test and choose which they like best) and they all have the same luck/problems. It's a matter of technique.

Marina, kitexcite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:38 am 
Very Frequent Poster

I never tried it so you will be right, Marina. North and F-One are a very good choice too. I hope to test the new Slingshots soon. I heard they will keep you longer in the air than others. We will see... :wink:

Have fun
Toby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:12 pm 
Medium Poster

Just had to send my 8.6 booster back due to the stitching coming loose and one of the batterns falling off! This all happened 100meters offshore! A long swim back and a busted kite later!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:32 am 
I just tried my Booster 12m last week for the first time in gusty wind conditions between appr 3-4 Bft. I was amazed. Since one year I was using an ARX, which I still like very much. The Booster reacts promptly to inputs, definitly quicker than the ARX. The depower was very fine, but I still want to see how it behaves in stronger wind. I did not have the opportunity to test waterstart, as I did not drop the kite (although gusty winds). At a lull the kite did not fall forward, but was moving backwards until catching wind again. I think this is due to the different weight distribution.
There is only one thing with which I was not completly happy, the depower strap. There is a plastic part where you hook it onto your harness, which broke after the first few minutes. You can still use it thereafter, but it can be uncomfortable. I am thinking about getting a NAISH boom for it.
But all in all I am very happy with it.

[ 5 posts ]