sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby sq225917 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:51 pm

he he.
new kites might not be all they are cracked up to be.

but i've had 11 in the past two years and i'm not complaining. they are what they are.

the bottom line is we are all a little miffed about it when new stuff comes out because we al like to have the latest stuff.

i'd be gutted if i bought the new top of the range kite only to find the manufcaturer actually had something new in the wings

Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:57 pm

I still ride Wipika FreeAir kites...and ride better than loads of people. Its not the board, kite or bar you ride with its how you ride...

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:31 pm

If you look at the old videos the guys are boosting huge and ripping it up with old school kites... that's when the AR5 was the hottest property around :smile:

BLOWN AWAY

xid3d
Medium Poster

Postby xid3d » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:06 pm

If you look at the old videos the guys are boosting huge and ripping it up with old school kites... that's when the AR5 was the hottest property around :smile:
Agreed, given ideal conditions and choice of any size kite.

seen insipring windsurfing vids, but impossible where i live. The reason for switching to kites.

Newer tech advancements give you wider ranges to help people on budjets and stuck in crapy dead air zones like me.

And also build and modify your own gear!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xid3d on 2002-12-17 14:10 ]</font>

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:38 pm

Well it's old school or nothing here at the moment...

The old gear is pretty good still... I think alot of us are caught up in the hype of maybe new gear will make us a better kitesurfer....

If we choose wisely we will succeed but still heaps of us choose kites way to radicial for our ability...

I thought about getting an X10 ... then I thought why would I need an X10... the X2 gives good enough lift for my needs...

Advanced kites are 4 advanced riders....

Got enough kites... then old school aint that bad...

BLOWN AWAY

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:39 pm

Wow, naish hasn't banned this topic yet

footloose
Rare Poster

Postby footloose » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:04 pm

I think we are going beyond usable limits of a lot of riders with the newer generation super efficient foils and LEI's.

In my circle at least the trend is back to (or stick with) 2002 technology - most of the manufacturers got it right this year.

Most stuff works and is stable, you may not get the extremes of performance, but how many of us actually need or warrant that performance?

A kite is a machine to enable you to ride with confidence for your talents to improve, you may actually be using something that is holding you back

Unless i'm surrounded by Mark Shins & Flash Austins!

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:49 pm

ooooooooh thats right becasue they don't want to steal the thunder from other manuafcturers.

there is no x3, its just a colour scheme test.

Return to “Kitesurfing”