Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None

best kiteboarding, an apology...

Postby sq225917 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:47 pm

Sent: 05 December 2005 17:51
To: simon@bestkiteboarding.com
Subject: kite Video

Simon,

Since you are the marketing director, I wanted you to know how I feel about the new xxxxx Video and my perception of Best.

I am looking to purchase a bow kite before spring. I like the design and the price of the xxxx. After seeing the video, I have decided in no way that I will be purchasing a Best kite. I do not want to reward Best for using sex to sell their products.

After watching this video, my perception of Best is as a sleazy organization that will do what ever it takes to make a sale. I view the leaders of this company that allow sex to be a significant part of this video in representing them, their product, and their company, to be people that could use some help from sexual addictions.

I am all for helping people out of these ways of life, but I will not support this way of life in advertising. As marketing director, you can make a big difference in the messages your company sends to the public. I hope this feedback is received constructively, as I want to help Best with this and not just be another Best basher.

Thank you for your time,
xxxxx and xxxx

------------------------------

xxxxx and xxx,
Thanks for your feedback on the promo video for the Best xxxx, I'm glad that you liked the look of the equipment in the video enough to consider purchasing Best as an option.

I am of course saddened by the fact that you think we may have overstepped the mark in this instance with our gratuitous use of sex throughout the video to help promote the new product.

I must say that to be entirely honest, I find myself in full agreement with you regarding our flagrant use of images of a young woman in only a bikini on a beach. And it makes me glad that I demanded that we cut the scenes of the young gentlemen parading around the beach in only a flimsy pair of shorts.

I can only hope that you can accept my sincerest apologies at this time for any offence caused, and I will make sure that I keep your comments in mind the next time I am censoring promotional video content.

Thank you for your vigilance.

Simon Clark
Marketing Director
simon@bestkiteboarding.com
Last edited by sq225917 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Escalate
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Escalate » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:58 pm

Thank you for letting me know SQ

I think that this concerns all of us

now i realize that the guys @ best are real christian angels

thx for the info, i'll sleep better tonight.

(calling bullshit on this one? :o )

Edit:

I am concidering buying the waroo but you really need to cut this crap or i won't be, not buying it for the girls fine ass but because off never ending flow of bullshit like this post!

mat
Frequent Poster

Postby mat » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:24 pm

:o wat the hell is wrong with girls in bikini's and wiked kitesurfing action, sound like the fukin perfict kite vid to me :thumb:

gumball
Very Frequent Poster

Re: best kiteboarding, an apology...

Postby gumball » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:28 pm

sq225917 wrote:And it makes me glad that I demanded that we cut the scenes of the young gentlemen parading around the beach in only a flimsy pair of shorts.
Classic...

Kite Scarecrow
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kite Scarecrow » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:32 pm

Even though on the Best forum I spoke out about the use of models in advertising I have to add that I have NEVER seen Best use any SEX (in the context in which XXX and XXX types) to sell anything...

The use of Sexuality is a different matter totally...

I think there are several companies that could use a bit of reform...

As I said...I love the sight of beautiful women...infact I prefer women in pictures vice guys...but want to see pictures of female kiters.

I dont think any of this would be enough to keep me from buying any product. It definatly would not put me into an uproar like XXX and XXX.

The key (for those of you who are reading this) is marketing departments need to find the balance between Tasteful and Tacky.

iAN

Escalate
Medium Poster

Postby Escalate » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:37 pm

i think the girl in the waroo vid is tastefull, no doubt about that. What i don't need is this load of bullshit, i dont care if some priest thinks its obscene (he must be kiting in an ice cold lake when there are no bikini chicks over there)

i don't need to know. now the guys at best might think as long as we're being talked about, its all free pub but i'm getting sick of it! Before the waroo movie came out i was sure i was going to buy one. Best had been so subtle good marketing, gave guys in brazil plenty of opportunity to test and came straigh forward about the kite (no extreme hyping). Now i start doubting because of all this bullshit that i don't even have to know, that doesn't even have anything to do with the waroo.

Greetz

steveb
Frequent Poster

Postby steveb » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:00 pm

So the idea is now we all rush to the best site to look at the women ( and see kite) from the bogus letter of complaint.
How moronic.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:01 pm

No, the email was 100% legit....

thats why its funny

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster