Forum for travel reports and travel questions
joepje
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best wind in februari/ march?

Postby joepje » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:48 pm

Looking fot a spot, the end of february, begin march. Where to go? I live in the Netherland so not to far from europe would be nice. Egypt has a lot of windless days that time of the year so where can i find nice hot weather (so my girl can take a sunbath on the beach) and a lot of wind?

Also looking for a nice 'windy sure' place to go in july! This spot can be anywhere, whenever there is wind garantue!

Thanks!

Joep :lol:

kitesurfvenezuela
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Los roques, adicora, coche.yaque,restinga,tortuga,tobago.
Favorite Beaches: Los roques
Style: wave
Gear: Crossbow II 12. Custom 133

Postby kitesurfvenezuela » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:50 pm

josep, wind is perfect in venezuela in feb. fly martinair to porlamar with hotel on coche island included or stay at my guesthouse with a/c for 12 euro p/day with breakfast, while you're here come to los roques ands other spots on short local guided kite trips with one of my groups http://kitesurf.wtfe.com kitesurf@mail.wtfe.com thanks

joepje
Rare Poster

Postby joepje » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:56 am

kitesurfvenezuela wrote:josep, wind is perfect in venezuela in feb. fly martinair to porlamar with hotel on coche island included or stay at my guesthouse with a/c for 12 euro p/day with breakfast, while you're here come to los roques ands other spots on short local guided kite trips with one of my groups http://kitesurf.wtfe.com kitesurf@mail.wtfe.com thanks
Sounds very good. i will check it out. Let yopu know!

KJX
Medium Poster

Postby KJX » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:57 pm

Joepje,

Check out Bonaire in the Dutch Carribean. KLM flies there regularly from the Netherlands.

Bonaire has awsome wind in Feb March (and most of the year). It is off shore wind so contact Stephan or Roan at kitebonaire. They are generally there giving lessons at the beach where you can kite everyday and can offer resuce services if needed.

Bonaire has excellent food + hotels, really nice people, beautiful water, no crowds...check it out.

Good luck and best.
Joe

Return to “Travel”