Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phree » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:30 am

This is the NSI Anti-Binding.
I saw this online at:
http://www.northshoreinc.com/kitetantrum.html
Here is how they described it:
:cool:
This combination of a 4Ó center section from a wakeboard base plate, with a functional deck pad built around it and an adjustable footstrap bolted to the plate, enhances rider leverage and stance. The plate allows mounting in ÒDuckÓ stance and the wide heel area of the pads offer free foot movement and ample toe area for jibing and bringing the foot into the Anti-Binding from the other side. The pad has wedge ramps at each side of the heel area, running from rail to rail. The ramps cradle the heel, fine tuning leverage as the foot moves toward the rear or front of the board.

The adjustable footstrap is bolted to the base plate at the standard 6 1/2Ó spread. The footstraps are comfortable and easy to adjust and allow for easy in and out, one and no footed moves and jibing the board in surf. The super lightweight and non constricting Anti-Bindings offers riders a unique alternative to wakeboard bindings, stance versatility and freedom of foot movement. MSR: $125.00 :-0

So has anyone tried this or a similar product? Would a product like this work good on a twin tip and/or directional board or is it best suited to wakeboards?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phree on 2002-04-09 08:35 ]</font>

phree
Medium Poster

Postby phree » Mon May 13, 2002 4:41 am

Word on the street is this is becoming the way to go. But I don't know which products along these lines are good. Anybody know?

TheRob
Medium Poster

Postby TheRob » Mon May 13, 2002 5:01 am

i say that is too expensive for those things. i could buy the straps, and make the baseplates. they look good though. i think maybe $70 is more resonable, especially for what else is on the market right now. there is all kinds of companies making these types of bindings.
later,
rob

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Mon May 13, 2002 5:13 am

They are a great idea but..
I bought a pair and they broke in half because the foam pad has no support in the heel and toe area. When they get dragged through the water by my board leash, the water pressure tears them apart. If you don't use a board leash this may not be a problem.
And I agree that they are too expensive. I now use homemade ones that work fine.
Chris G

Ulrik
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride, Hydrofoil,Waveriding
Gear: Shinn BronQ CRB4
Groove Skate 130,
Nobile Kite skim
Kitech FreeRS
Naish Pivot
Gong Unik
GONG KITEFOIL ALLVATOR FREEWAVE

Postby Ulrik » Mon May 13, 2002 8:40 am

I ride a Slingshot Drake 147.The board is equipped with similar straps, They are the best straps I have ever tried.Super comfortable,and holds your foot in strong grip.
http://www.slingshotkiteboarding.com/accessories.asp

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon May 13, 2002 9:52 am

i made them on my own - the cheapest heelstrap binding i could find together with high quality footstraps - they work great! your foot is tight enough for bumb'n jump riding with a really loose feeling. and if you do some crappy air, you can easily kick the board off your feet ...

BlueSky
Frequent Poster

Postby BlueSky » Mon May 13, 2002 3:29 pm

Do you have any pictures? If so, I would like to receive them.

Thanks!

willempuk@yahoo.co.uk

murdoc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby murdoc » Mon May 13, 2002 3:40 pm

i'll try and take some ...

Return to “Kitesurfing”