NEW ERA POSTED ON KITEFORUM TV!

Forum for kitesurfers
Trant
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Trant » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:51 pm

Great Video! :thumb:

I feel sorry for the PKRA judges this year, they're going to need some slow motion replays to figure out what half the moves are :D

nab1000
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 757, 252
Style: Wake
Gear: LF HiFi's, Influence 138, LF Cabs
Brand Affiliation: Wave Riding Vehicle Surfboards
Been thanked: 0

Postby nab1000 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:03 pm

Alvaro is sponsored by best...... probally helped edited by the best people.... can you explain how it is a advert for best gear? Also why is taht a bad thing? He is riding the KC boards majority of the time too. Why would best want you to watch Alvaro surfing if it is a full blown best advert. Those are insane tricks and i would bow down and kiss alvaro's feet if he was infront of me right now :thumb:

Great video will get you stoked for your next session.... :thumb: :D :o

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Rockstar

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:51 pm

surferazul wrote:Thanks rocstar!
You confirm what i was thinking of you.
(I never like to have prejudices on people)
But after rading the 10th message i read from you around... and now i can say with a mouthfull:
YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT FREERIDING IS!!!!!
Congratulations.
You disagree with 100% of pkra riders
(who i think they know about it a bit more than you)
I also love free kiting long distances, empty beaches, and feeling nature...
Next time read before downloading.

And let me give u an advise, next time you see a link to one of my videos, please ,please,please... Dont click.
Cause its gonna kinda suck like the one u alredy saw!
And if i can, i will try to get it even radicall.
As the sports get reinvented every year.
Cheers!
Keep singing!
I have plenty idea about free riding.

I just dont like the constant barrage of videos of riders hurtling thru the air with a handle pass !What does it achieve?

I come from a hard core surfing background,so I guess I am old school.

My fav video on the TV site is the one at Gnarraloo,a hard core surf and windsurf spot in West Australia.

Great scenery and waves. The riding is a bit lame. The only bad bit is at the end where the rider is trying to do handle passes !I must admit that the guys in your vid DO seem to do them pretty good !

surferazul
Medium Poster

surfing

Postby surferazul » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:21 am

im ok with that...
u like surfing waves, me too.
But this is how we make money to live...
Put a good kite surfing circuit going and soon u will have good profesionals trying to catch the prices!
But dont tell me the video is a shit...
Be smart and compare it with other videos of its kind, not with a wave riding history.

Other thing is u said is a best promotional video, sorry that is also wrong. This is an Alvaro Onieva promotional video, and it hapen to be bestkiteboarding the ones who have deposit his confidence on this wonderboy, and the ones who pay the bills and made posible making a living out of our favourite sport.

Last year the video was all wipika, and you can see that if you find it somewhere.

One more thing, I have seen u hate best...
Bad for u.
They simply made really good kites at a very good price, if you like it or not.
And the most important thing that u dont know is...
That we have already worked with a bunch of brands aslong we have been in the busines since 2001, before gettin the level up to profesionals and after.
And This guys have been the only ones that have actually listen to our imputs, and they are exactly making us the kites as we request them keep improving our level with new movements, as actually you ask a lot out of a kite to perform higher than the standards.
I know every rider in the tour, i cant tell you names... but a lot
probably 90% percent would like to be heard by their sponsors, and not only used as advert.
That is the main fact why i think the brand (best) keeps growing.
I also love slingshot naish cabrinha, i dont have problems with anybody,
but understand that here is were Alvaro works today...
Who knows in 3 years? If he is still matching the pro-level and if it is still good any brand could hire Alvaro if he´s abalible to make a deal.
But me, i hope it will still be best, cause they are good people, and had give us a great suport.
TNX

surferazul
Medium Poster

Silly

Postby surferazul » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:31 am

And Thanks too, for rating my video to the lowest score driven by your anger, and droped it out of the "best scored" list, and ruined my job and hopes of two months of hard work filming, and 3 days of editing.
Thanks again singer!
Sorry i think that is not fair.

Samio
Rare Poster

Postby Samio » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:33 am

AWESOME video, but at the start it seemed that every move had a handle pass. Dont get me wrong i loved it, but all those handle passes..... nice one. :thumb:

surferazul
Medium Poster

i dont get it

Postby surferazul » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:00 am

Yes, it is all about handle passes, cause they increase dificulty...
Its normal on a 2006 clip. The video pretends to show the higest difficulty tricks
This video is not oriented to beginers or people that is not into modern freestyle.
I respect you would like to see high jumps, kite loops and no foots?
download an old video, and u will have what u want, we also like them, but this is a promo of rider skills, and not very much people will be interested in watching the same thing again, maybe all the tricks look the same for you (just passes), but there are are very little differences between this moves:landing revert ,blind, switch, or ading a kiteloop to a pass and rotating on a diferent axis...etc
That is why each trick has a different name.
I remember the first time i watched tronolone´s space monkeys
i loved the first part, but less the tricks part...
Well, now i realize i was watching the sport trough a different angle than i do now. The video was maybe too advanced for me (well it was for everyone at that moment) Thanks Chris!
Now i clearly see what specially Jaime and Vari wanted to show us on the video)
It was just the begining of a new sport called kiteboarding, and not "fly" surfing, as flying is achievable by 95% percent of kiting population, the tricks showed on NEW ERA are achievable by...
Who knows... I would say 5%, and im exceeding, as i never watched any body performing thes trics with that style and never anyone doing all the switched passes, but i assume that world is big and probably some ones are able to match that!Lets see next season!
Anywais thanks for the review.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:13 am

So you are "owned" by Best.

I meant no harm to your video rating. Just gave my opinion.

I felt that your promotion was a bit deceptive. "New Era" and all that.

Remember,these are only my opinions. Dont blame me because you ran out of friends that will post that this is the greatest video ever !

Good luck with it. I am sure that the "5%" will like it.

Just seems poor marketing to aim at 5% of a market!

This misplaced idea will cause the demise of kiting.Just like it almost killed windsurfing.

nab1000
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 757, 252
Style: Wake
Gear: LF HiFi's, Influence 138, LF Cabs
Brand Affiliation: Wave Riding Vehicle Surfboards

Postby nab1000 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:16 am

lets just stop arguing about this.... seems stupid to argue about this. Lets just go kitesurfing and show our shit 8)

sberemski

Postby sberemski » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:21 am

The video is impressive because the rider shows skill by performing moves that not many can perform. I dont see why you cant respect others for there skill even if it doesnt match your views on what kitesurfing is all about.

And what killed windsurfing? I didnt know it was dead?

Return to “Kitesurfing”