Ruben Lenten age 9

Forum for kitesurfers
Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Rockstar » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:04 am

Dont really know why I am interested in this thread,maybe the interaction between kiters and windsurfers.
So,,,,I watched the video.

The woman was not "freaking out"

She tried to explain over and over that they were jumping and crashing, in a designated launch and landing area.

She was doing the right thing.

However,splashing water on to a camera,probably worth big bucks,does not help anything.

Kiters telling people to "f*** off" does not help them.

There has been bans and restrictions at several good spots. Usually instigated by a lack of communication between kiters and the public,or windsurfers. It only takes one irate local to force a local council to shut down a spot.

Therfore,as a kiter,we have to accept that we are ALWAYS on sketchy ground.

If you are confronted by an angry person,whether justified or not,try to calm them down,listen to their reasons for being angry. If they have a valid reason,ie. crashing your kite near small children,or 70 year old windsurfers, just apologise and explain that you didnt mean to do it.

If they have no valid reason to complain,just calmly explain that you have a right to be there,and will take as much care as possible.
Its not that hard. You will feel much better if you do not get angry.Even better if you can stop someone else being angry.

done
Rare Poster

Postby done » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:29 am

If some piece of teenage euro trash came to my beach and told one of the locals to f*** off he and all of his buddies would get the shit beat out of them. Violence, yes violence- I know some of you'd like to "talk it out" or bark back back and forth at each other but here the guys who've lived and surfed here (and are now kiting it) for thirty plus years don't really care how many monkey tricks some punk can pull off. I've witnessed this type of beat down on multiple occassions (last idiot from florida took TheClub to his jaw- yeah the one you use to lock your car down)- the medicine seems to work. Punks learn to shut up.

mat
Frequent Poster

Postby mat » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:59 pm

:o hmmmmmmmmm sound like a freindly croud, wish i kited with u an ur boys sound like a really cool bunch

Ocean Lover
Medium Poster

Postby Ocean Lover » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:04 pm

I cringed when I saw interaction with the woman in the vid. I am surprised it took so long to go around the forums. Too bad it happend and was posted as part of the show. The rest of the vid is all about mindblowing action by a kid who can have the entire kitesurf world in his hands.

Remember that he is 16 years old at the time this is shot. He grew up in a tiny town. Is probably stoned at the time of the interaction. English is his second language.

Slingshot should nurture this talent better than they do. The sport is still so young that companies are not as polished at dealing with their athletes the way say a Nike is..

Other side of the coin is that radical youth is all about push boundries and sticking a big fucking middle finger in the face op people who think they know better.

I'm so happy to be older and wiser and part of this bad ass sport. Ruben, take note and try to keep the cool shit happening out on the water where it belongs. Peace out!

Ero7
Medium Poster

Postby Ero7 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:17 am

Last edited by Ero7 on Tue May 18, 2021 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kilokite
Medium Poster

Postby Kilokite » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:37 am

done wrote:If some piece of teenage euro trash came to my beach and told one of the locals to f*** off he and all of his buddies would get the shit beat out of them. Violence, yes violence- I know some of you'd like to "talk it out" or bark back back and forth at each other but here the guys who've lived and surfed here (and are now kiting it) for thirty plus years don't really care how many monkey tricks some punk can pull off. I've witnessed this type of beat down on multiple occassions (last idiot from florida took TheClub to his jaw- yeah the one you use to lock your car down)- the medicine seems to work. Punks learn to shut up.

That is a nice comment from a Mc Donald-eating-Budweiser-drinking-Club-swinging ASSmerican like you and your Localists(that most likely can`t surf or kite even after 30 years of Hardcore localism)...
You and Ero7 should have some Club-swinging contests...

Euro Trash

Ik
Rare Poster

Postby Ik » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:37 pm

heyguys,

i c this is a american foruM? well, my preconceptions about americans are, once again, confirmed! Who gives a f*ck about that what happened in the movie. If u make problems about those small things u would not have a live! And if u can get procecuted by crashing ur kite into some one in the VS, i know where NOT to go on holiday... Isn't that a bit foolish? Here, on the dutch forums the most people were laughing about that stupid women (sorry if is ur mom). But who cares, i bet nobody of u guys really know her! ... but i'm wasting my time!

:bye: hanglos!

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:42 pm

So,is Ruben Dutch ??

That explains a lot !

Ik
Rare Poster

Postby Ik » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:25 pm

Why does that explain a lot???? :o

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:44 pm

Ik wrote:Why does that explain a lot???? :o
Hahahah!

Dont you know what the rest of the World thinks of the Dutch ?

If you are in any doubt read the post by IK

He sounds fairly typical.

Return to “Kitesurfing”