BEST=Fake!!!

Forum for kitesurfers
ed209
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ed209 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:39 pm

Hmm, maybe I don't get it because I'm new to the "scene", you're saying that Best makes good stuff at a good price and telling you about it makes them dicks?

I can't really think of another way to sell a product to people. Maybe one day unicef will get into the kite retail business but I'm thinkin until then you're gonna have to put up with people trying to sell you their crap. I could understand hostility if they were ripping people off, or if the kites were unsafe, but telling you about a deal? Thats being a little touchy. I just got a flyer from Dell computers that is telling me I am a nice person for buying a laptop a year ago because here's one thats twice as powerful for half the price, I'm not pissed at Dell for telling me this, in fact I emailed my brother about it because he's been looking for a good laptop.

Anyways ... I am literally going nuts waiting for my stuff to show up, the weather is beautiful right now -3C and wind steady at 29km/h and its been like this for almost a week. Early morning the wind is 16-18 steady, it slowly climbs all day to peak around 36-40km/h right before sundown ... damn customs slowing up my fun.

--ed

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vietkiter » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:59 pm

ed209 wrote:Hmm, maybe I don't get it because I'm new to the "scene", you're saying that Best makes good stuff at a good price and telling you about it makes them dicks?

I can't really think of another way to sell a product to people. Maybe one day unicef will get into the kite retail business but I'm thinkin until then you're gonna have to put up with people trying to sell you their crap. I could understand hostility if they were ripping people off, or if the kites were unsafe, but telling you about a deal? Thats being a little touchy. I just got a flyer from Dell computers that is telling me I am a nice person for buying a laptop a year ago because here's one thats twice as powerful for half the price, I'm not pissed at Dell for telling me this, in fact I emailed my brother about it because he's been looking for a good laptop.

Anyways ... I am literally going nuts waiting for my stuff to show up, the weather is beautiful right now -3C and wind steady at 29km/h and its been like this for almost a week. Early morning the wind is 16-18 steady, it slowly climbs all day to peak around 36-40km/h right before sundown ... damn customs slowing up my fun.

--ed
Wow... a new sensible voice speaks volume... no I think you get it... it's not hard to see through rockstar's tortuous pettiness

jimbob
Rare Poster

Postby jimbob » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:23 am

damn it you got me excited i thought best were giving away free kites ..........................but that was last year. i kept clicking the link and it wouldnt work!!! oh how i could have done with a 14 and 5 waroo. oh well!!! :cry: :cry:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:31 am

thats pretty much it at the end of the day, you check your wallet, see how much you have got and see how much of what you want that will buy you.

best are positioned on value for money so of course we are going to sell the product based on the performance being as good or better and the cost being less.....

whats the point in having a usp if you don't use it.

Rockstar
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Rockstar » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:49 am

sq225917 wrote:dookz, oh yeh we are the bad boys of advertising, slingshot release a dvd of people goofing off with fireworks, burning each others nut sacks and pissing in their own mouths and we are the bad boys of advertising.

naish irresponsibly show riders without helmets jumping off cliffs and other structures and we are the bad boys.

i think you all really need to take a step back..

missionman, i'm sure everyone can rest safe at night knowing you are the best police.... :wink: i know i do..
There you go again,slagging off at Naish and Slingshot !

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:53 pm

Oh yeh its rockstar who only ever bashs posts, I remember reading on a totally different thread someone mentioned about your agressive stance and only ever posting bashing comments about opposing makes......what a looser.

Regards sq's quote...... Its f**king true,its a fact or are you a great promoter of pissing in peoples mouths? Go tell your kids to do it now,give them some fireworks and a big box of matches. I'm sure the results will be some form of EXTREME!!!!!!!
The post was also just in reply to somebody complaining about a little cute ass on the best videos & calling it sleezy! The comparison made was comical & factual.

Your posts are just bashing and only you find them comical! Now go stand in the corner with your pointy hat with the bid "D" on it. :thumb:

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:26 pm

i mentioned naish and slingshot in response to the poster who compared best to them, as an example of his own narrow minded view of each company, affecting his choice.

it's more a reflection on his own prejudice than the fact that slingshot riders like the taste of piss....

Dano the Great!
Frequent Poster

Postby Dano the Great! » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:19 pm

sq225917 wrote:thats pretty much it at the end of the day, you check your wallet, see how much you have got and see how much of what you want that will buy you.

best are positioned on value for money so of course we are going to sell the product based on the performance being as good or better and the cost being less....
Price & performance are very important, but so is having a durable kite that holds up day after day.

My point in all of this is: whether Best is faking photos or new kite designs, I sure hope Best did their due diligence is designing and testing the Waroo, because it was pretty sad watching a good buddy have to beg and borrow kites from his friends while waiting for the replacement kite for his exploded HellFish. I think he waiting something like 2 months to get a kite from Best (during peak wind season).

I’m not trying to dig up the past; I just can’t stand to hear all the spouting from best when their track record just isn’t there to support it. What the best executives (used very lightly) don’t seem to see or hear is all of these debacles has forced many consumer to take a “wait and seeâ€

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:50 pm

Dano, what do you think Best should be doing then? I thought the refund & $100 was good. I'm pretty sure best have gone through a learning curve which will ultimately benefit us the customer as they dare not have another hitch,which in turn means they produce a better product than maybe the would have done prior HF! Am I right or am I right? The products are good the prices are cheap & the customer service is second to none!

You will always get the industry critisizing something that is a threat to them. Then there is always the uneducated and plain stupid. If you don't like best don't buy it!

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sq225917 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:59 pm

dano, do the math...

hellfish customers X $100 credit....

that's the sort of expensive mistake that you don't make twice......

i wouldn't have come back to best if that sort of situation could occur again.

Return to “Kitesurfing”