Find reviews of kites, boards and accessories
kitenb
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Waroo 9m

Postby kitenb » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:37 pm

I finally got the 9m Waroo out on the water yesterday for a few hours. The winds were very light, around 9-14, with maybe a 15 or 16mph gust every once in a while. I attached the wind graph of what it was blowing yesterday when I was out there. I was out from around 2:30 until around 4:30 or so. I was on the 9m Waroo and the Slingshot Glide. The winds were side onshore and the tide was filling in the inlet, but I rode at the North side of the inlet which gave me a little extra boost as long as I stayed close to the inlet. Here are my thoughts:

Postives:
Low End: Wow... I typically would ride a 16m or even a 20m in these winds, and I could actually ride on the 9m. I wasn't lit by any means, but I could ride, hit the small kicker waves, do small forwards, backs, kite loops, etc. If the 9m is this powerful, I can't imagine what the bigger sizes will be like. There was another guy out riding down the beach on what I think was a 15m and a surf board. He was having trouble getting back to the same spot, but he was also on the other side of the inlet which the current wasn't working for him. Daryl pulled up in his car when I was out there, and his first words to me were: "I can't believe you are actually riding on a 9m right now..."

Depower: I had to adjust the way the kite came setup out of the bag, to get more back line tension on it so it was more powered up. Full power is obviously when you pull the bar all the way in. It only takes about 6 inches of depower and most of the pull is gone.

Speed: very nice, fast. Just like most 9m kites out there

In the waves: The waves were very small, but some nice form to them and you could do a few quick down the line turns...the kite was very smooth through the turns.

Negatives:
Chicken loop length: One of the negatives is that if you want full power, you have to pull the bar all the way in. When doing so, my elbows are half bent and very awkward to ride. I would probably add a longer chicken loop so that I could have my arms more extended at full power. I am going to try this kite with a normal 4 line bar or pulley bar and see what happens. It should work fine, maybe even better

No stopper ball: if you let go of the bar to spin it, scratch your nose, or whatever, the bar shoots up the chicken loop line. It would be nice to have a stopper ball like the slingshot one, or something else to prevent it from doing that.

Depower strap is HUGE: Not sure why you would ever even need to use any of the depower strap. With the strap at full power(not pulled) you can still kill the power of the kite completely. Plus, it is WAY up there..those with shorter arms may have troubles reaching it... but again, I don't think you would need to reach it.

Overall: I liked it a lot. I am a normal "C shape" type of guy, but really enjoyed this one. It fealt more like a "C shape" to me, and maybe that is why...

More pictures and info at: http://www.oceanextremesports.com/phpBB ... ?p=336#336
Attachments
sundaywind.GIF
sundaywind.GIF (21.8 KiB) Viewed 4477 times
100_2234 (Small).JPG
100_2234 (Small).JPG (17.38 KiB) Viewed 4479 times

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:20 pm

sounds like the kite was underpowered to me thats why you had to [ull it in hard, the 12 would have been sweet.

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:26 pm

No question about it... I was definitely underpowered in those winds... would have loved to try the 12m out... would have been nice.

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:38 pm

confrimed what I was thinking.

sonic copy.

same shit different stink.

Best could have atleast used a different bar to the sonic, kind of gives the game away.

Attachments
100_2231 (Small).JPG
100_2231 (Small).JPG (70.59 KiB) Viewed 4397 times

solo flight
Frequent Poster

Postby solo flight » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:20 pm

Lesbian,could you please take the thing growing on top of your horses head and stuff it in the hole under your nose,or take a shit it starts coming out of your mouth. :o

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:21 pm

solo flight wrote:Lesbian,could you please take the thing growing on top of your horses head and stuff it in the hole under your nose,or take a shit it starts coming out of your mouth. :o
what you just said is more random than a horse with a dildo on its head.

Nunob
Frequent Poster

Postby Nunob » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:53 pm

I just love this kind of tenderness.

GK
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Pierce inlet

Postby GK » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:48 pm

lesbian horse wrote:confrimed what I was thinking.

sonic copy.

same shit different stink.

Best could have atleast used a different bar to the sonic, kind of gives the game away.
Thats what took so long for the bar to come out. They had to paint over the GK logos. You didn't expect anything new did you?

kitenb
Frequent Poster

Postby kitenb » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:25 pm

I don't see any reason a normal 4 line bar setup wouldn't work just as good as this one. I am going to try my Slingshot bar and line setup with it next time. The only think different about this bar, compared to other bars, seems to be the LONG depower line, which I don't think will be needed...but who knows...more to follow..

solo flight
Frequent Poster

Postby solo flight » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:55 pm

L.H.,yes it's random, your Waroo=Sonic posts are certainly more consistent,I think we know your opinion on this now.
BTW the Sonic bar is an exact copy of the 2004 Best bar I've got over at my place just different coloring of the grip.No wonder as its all manufactured in one factory.

Return to “Reviews”