Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Christian kiteboarders

Forum for kitesurfers
High Abuser
Frequent Poster
Gear: None really. Its been 7 years since I surfed.
Im trying to get back into now that live by water. North east Ohio.
17.5m Machine - 2005
11m Fuel 2004
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby High Abuser » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:56 pm

As I understand it mary & Joe were not even married & the boy had his own still turning water into wine, I bet he did a great lager too !

mede
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 72 kg dry
Local Beach: Lake Geneva
Favorite Beaches: Sri Lanka West Coast, Marsa Alam, Cape Verde, Tarifa, Beauduc, Corpus Christi, Ceara
Style: Foil, Strapless surf, Big Air
Gear: Kite:> Tomo Vader 5.1 HE & KS MariMacho board,
Gong YpraS Foils,
Pansh Kestrel, Kauper Falcon, Blade Trigger kites.
Wing:> Amos Shapes Sultan Custom board,
Gong YpraS + Ypra Surf Foils,
Gong UPE Aramid Droid & Neutra Wings
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby mede » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:16 pm

blown away, i am a christian. however, i love to make love to my wife, i like to drink a glass of good wine, at a moment in time, i used to smoke my joints. and i have great friends that are hindi (hinduists), chinese(budhists), algerians (muslims).

and i must say, your statements scare me.

why don't you say "being a christian, i.e., to love your next, to be tolerant, to respect the others?"

this would certainly be much closer to what jesus meant to say.

i don't doubt your good intentions, but have a closer look at your statements: so much hate, so much intolerance.
you are judging people based on categorizations.
rembember, categorizations and the induced moral superiority led to some of the most horrible crimes in history (all jews are bad, roma people cannot educate their childrens, blacks are not really humans, so we can make them slaves.... etc....etc...etc.)

if you want to associate with people living the same lifestyle like you, do it. but be extremely careful with your feelings of moral superiority. why do you think jesus loved a prostitute? why did he preach against the moral superiority of the pharisaers? Think about it

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:34 am

No hate in my posts but other than that i agree with everything you say. all i want ed to know if there were other Christians on this forum as it would be good to get to know other Christian kiters, thats all. I know it is winter up in the north and lots of people are crabby up there (i hear it's the long dark nights and the lack of vitamin B that leads to depression) but the only hate i see is coming from other kiters... and this thread was not directed at them anyway so it's not really their problem. I'm not a PROPER christian as such. I don't go to church and i swear a tad more than what a good boy should. And for those who think i'm holier than thou... get a life and move to a windy country... the only reason why i don't drink, smoke and f*** is because i know i'd enjoy it and before long i'd go overboard... and then i'd be pissing everyone off because of that too. There is no pleasing some people as you well know which is why any replies are gonna be posted from my website which is

http://www.geocities.com/thrasherkiteboardin

the days of me posting on this forum are over. There is far too much wind in Auckland for me to be on this forum. I counted the no wind days (ie not enough to kite properly) last year and i didn't get to 10... and that was a bad year by AK standards... so i have to go, it's night now and the trees are moving heaps outside so i had better get some sleep.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:47 am

mede wrote:blown away, i am a christian. however, i love to make love to my wife, i like to drink a glass of good wine, at a moment in time, i used to smoke my joints. and i have great friends that are hindi (hinduists), chinese(budhists), algerians (muslims).

and i must say, your statements scare me.

why don't you say "being a christian, i.e., to love your next, to be tolerant, to respect the others?"

this would certainly be much closer to what jesus meant to say.

i don't doubt your good intentions, but have a closer look at your statements: so much hate, so much intolerance.
you are judging people based on categorizations.
rembember, categorizations and the induced moral superiority led to some of the most horrible crimes in history (all jews are bad, roma people cannot educate their childrens, blacks are not really humans, so we can make them slaves.... etc....etc...etc.)
I will NOT be blamed for other peoples evil. that's why i hate bush so much... every single christian is getting a bad name because of his stupidity and acts of evil. The more i read this bullshit the more riled i get. i started this thread with a very simple and innoffensive question and i get all this bullshit as a response... and your calling ME intolerant???!!! I have never put myself up to be morally superior. I've had enough of this shit!!!

as stated before http://www.geocities.com/thrasherkiteboardin hear it straight from the beast's mouth, no religion either.

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:53 am

High Abuser wrote:As I understand it mary & Joe were not even married & the boy had his own still turning water into wine, I bet he did a great lager too !
I thought Jamaica was in the Caribbean? Get a life and go kitesurfing.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:37 pm

blown away, i sense that either you've taken to drugs these past few days or you need to start taking the lithium again....

Carlos_C
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southend, Lancing, Hunstanton, sea Palling
Gear: Fuels, Speed 4, Sonic 2

Postby Carlos_C » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:27 pm

For all those "christians" who believe in the infallibility of the old testement

Laura Schlesinger is a US radio personality, who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. She recently said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination, according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstances. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura which was posted on the Internet.
Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.

Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan,

Homer Simpson-Caldwell

mede
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 72 kg dry
Local Beach: Lake Geneva
Favorite Beaches: Sri Lanka West Coast, Marsa Alam, Cape Verde, Tarifa, Beauduc, Corpus Christi, Ceara
Style: Foil, Strapless surf, Big Air
Gear: Kite:> Tomo Vader 5.1 HE & KS MariMacho board,
Gong YpraS Foils,
Pansh Kestrel, Kauper Falcon, Blade Trigger kites.
Wing:> Amos Shapes Sultan Custom board,
Gong YpraS + Ypra Surf Foils,
Gong UPE Aramid Droid & Neutra Wings
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby mede » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:38 pm

carlos c : :thumb:
:D

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:52 am

Is Blown Away being for real with the question?

he cant be can he? :o

High Abuser
Frequent Poster
Gear: None really. Its been 7 years since I surfed.
Im trying to get back into now that live by water. North east Ohio.
17.5m Machine - 2005
11m Fuel 2004

Postby High Abuser » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:39 am

Blown Away......... I have a life....live in Jamaica ( yes the one in the Caribbean) and love mi bredin..... ya rass claat !

Get a life.... that was very christian of you now wasn't it !!!???

Blah blah blah.

HA

Return to “Kitesurfing”